Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-10-2021, 08:25 PM

Default Pro Tools auto re-links incorrectly

PT Ultimate 2019.10.0

Mac mini 2018
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hi. I often work with 2 large sessions.

(a) source PT session, full of many sound effect files (stereo).
(b) destination PT session, where I import all of those sound effects tracks (stereo).

When I initially do this, all is well. No problems, and everything works are you'd expect.

But upon saving, quitting, and re-opening the same session, all of a sudden, those imported-files are all jumbled. For the most part, they remain in-place, with the same cuts/fades/gain, etc. But the audio contained within them is wrong. Sometimes it's both the L and the R audio that's mixed up, and sometimes it's both. And sometimes the clip-duration will re-cut itself to accommodate whatever that new audio is.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

And as far as I can tell, this all amounts to a ton of work lost. I cannot seem to force this session to properly re-link. I need to re-cut everything.

Here is a picture of the before-and-after.

https://ibb.co/T0YYPzX