Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-19-2022, 05:31 PM

Default HD Omni + HD Native Help

I recently purchased a brand new HD native plus a used HD Omni interface (from Reverb without registration info) and I can't hear any feedback OR select the HD hardware in the playback engine within Pro Tools. I'm currently running Pro Tools Studio Perpetual (2021.10) and I suspect that is the issue. I'm a bit confused on whether I need the "AVID PRO TOOLS DIGILINK I/O LICENSE" or if I should be purchasing Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual..? I've read that the HD Omni typically comes with the HD download/software however, since mine is used I don't believe I'll have it and just want to make sure I download the right thing to solve this. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-20-2022, 12:58 PM

Default Re: HD Omni + HD Native Help

Hmmm, Pro Tools Studio is not going to work. You need Ultimate for any hardware that uses Digilink connections. There is a range of Pro Tools Ultimate that does require a Digilink license, but AFAIK, the newest versions do not(maybe a question best answered by a retailer like Sweetwater). The only way you would get any downloads would be to register the hardware with Avid. Since you got no TOO(Transfer Of Ownership) and no registration info, you are out of luck on that front. So; knowing that you do need Ultimate, I recommend you skip the Avid store and deal with a good retailer such as Sweetwater, Alto Music or similar to get what you need. Why I say that is simple; you are going to get better after-sale help from a retailer(and the avid store doesn't save you any money).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave