Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio

Old 11-30-2022, 03:19 PM

Default Hot Keys

The 4 assignable hot keys only work when you have the mbox control app open. Is there a way to make them work even when the app is closed? I love the button that opens and closes the app because I no longer need an extra window, but its useless if things don't work if its not open.

Chris
Old 12-05-2022, 07:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Hot Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris August View Post
The 4 assignable hot keys only work when you have the mbox control app open. Is there a way to make them work even when the app is closed? I love the button that opens and closes the app because I no longer need an extra window, but its useless if things don't work if its not open.

Chris
Hi Chris,

There are certain functions which require the app be open (i.e. preferences) but it is possible for us to make some of the assignable functions work without the app running. The computer would still need to be up and running though.

Good feedback, thank you.

JW
Old 12-05-2022, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Hot Keys

Here's another suggestion that would be amazing to have... if we could automate those hot keys to mute certain tracks instead of whatever track is selected. (or at least have the option to choose that)

For example, I switch back and forth from inputs while recording and it would be awesome to just click a button and channel 4 gets muted/unmuted without having to even look at the mbox software. This would be a game changer for workflow. Any time we have to go to a different app to do things it just adds time.