Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2022, 11:42 AM

Default Re: "Access denied" when trying to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Thanks, Jeffro, but your link only has two categories, Audio and Video. Can I still go ahead and paste the content of the message? An additional category (Other) would be helpful.
Audio and Video just drive the other pop-ups, so you can select Audio, then Pro Tools/etc. If you have a current product you could use your Access The Support Center link in my.avid.com to start a support case. Thanks either way for providing an example - there's been some improvement here but we obviously have more to do to eliminate this.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
I was very enthusiastic about this, but it didn't work in this case.
... waste of time stuff about cookie settings...

Sigh. I did mention the cause and the correct work around, which is trying to modify/re-enter text and especially avoid anything that is or might be mistake for UNIX commands, and as Ben mentioned as well, things that look like web addresses (or html) may also be candidates that get filtered and cause the Access Denied error. I did warn that other folklore is incorrect and will not help and yet here we are again. Sadly even mentioning stuff that does not work, almost seems to encourage other folks to try it.

The reason stuff like this seems to work for some people some time is... they do *something* and then try again to post stuff, doing *nothing* and trying to post stuff would likely also work because something has changed. It can take the most subtle change to text to make the error not happen, sometimes just copying and pasting stuff can change the content enough. Maybe not even a change you can see on screen. But as for changing cookie settings, you might as well sacrifice a goat. Maybe there is some psychology here of when really frustrating things happen people are more prone to leap for solutions that really don't work. (People keep wanting to reinstalling Pro Tools as a first diagnostic step for Pro Tools problems... in reality a poor choice, but ah it feels good to try).

---

Thanks for getting examples of anything causing posting problems to Jeffro.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:54 PM

Clearing cookies/etc. might seem to help, but Darryl is correct... it's the content that's triggering the error.

We've been getting changes made based on your examples, but there haven't been many of those submitted.

If you have text that triggers the error please send that as an attachment via support case sent through your Access the Support Center link in my.avid.com or Create A Case under Account Support at avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support

Thank you!
Old 08-11-2022, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Audio and Video just drive the other pop-ups, so you can select Audio, then Pro Tools/etc. If you have a current product you could use your Access The Support Center link in my.avid.com to start a support case. Thanks either way for providing an example - there's been some improvement here but we obviously have more to do to eliminate this.
Thanks, Jeffro.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:00 PM

Not shure I've seen this before.
I go to General section of the forum, and click "New thread", result:

Quote:
Ben Jenssen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I tried to log out, log in, no change.
Otherwise things seem to work. Posting etc.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
...I go to General section of the forum, and click "New thread", result...
Sorry about that. Just tried a new thread as a test and that worked. If you can start a thread elsewhere I can move it for you. I'll check your account, but likely something related to the content/formatting - please submit that via case (my.avid.com > Access the Support Center > Equipment -or- Create A Case for Account Support.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that. Just tried a new thread as a test and that worked. If you can start a thread elsewhere I can move it for you. I'll check your account, but likely something related to the content/formatting - please submit that via case (my.avid.com > Access the Support Center > Equipment -or- Create A Case for Account Support.
Thank you, Jeffro.
I posted this in the MacOS section, without problems. I meant to create it in 'General', but I guess it might as well stay in MacOS. What you think is best.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...99#post2644699
Old 08-16-2022, 10:14 PM

I went to create a support case, but come on! Six different 'support categories' audio or video, nothing that fits, adress, telephone(!) info etc required. You're making stuff difficult on purpose or what! forget it!
Old 08-17-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
...You're making stuff difficult on purpose or what! forget it!
Somewhat easier going through your account, but still a valid point. I added "Access Denied Error" as a Subject to the Contact Us form (linked at the bottom of this page). Didn't use this originally since it doesn't support attachments, but please put your text in the Message field and we'll follow up if we need more info. Thank you.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Somewhat easier going through your account, but still a valid point. I added "Access Denied Error" as a Subject to the Contact Us form (linked at the bottom of this page). Didn't use this originally since it doesn't support attachments, but please put your text in the Message field and we'll follow up if we need more info. Thank you.
Done. That was easy!

Thank you Jeffro.