Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2000, 07:27 AM

Default Sync, Beta, Final Mix, and Posting Gear

Just curious too see what is going on in the real world these days when it comes to sync in video post production. Is Beta SP still the norm or are you importing QT movies and syncing to them?

Also, what's your final mix generally going to? Are you laying down final stereo tracks to Beta or are you going to something like a Tascam DA88 and sending it off to a mastering house?

I ask these questions because here at the University of South Carolina we do all of our mixing inside a PT24 Mix by, importing our Avid editors session, converting to PT Sessions, syncing to Beta SP, adding FX, music, etc. and a final stereo mix straight to the Beta. I'm currently looking to venture out on my own and want the opinion of others on what they are currently doing in their own shops.
I'm looking for the minimum amount of post gear to get started with so any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

lrosier

Old 03-16-2000, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Sync, Beta, Final Mix, and Posting Gear

Sorry to bug ya, Irosier, I can't answer your question, I just wanted to follow up on your response (Thanks) to my Q about CD burners. i'm wondering what your connection to the Yamaha CD burner is, and if you can make any recomendations as to the best connection option of the 3 I have available: USB, 2-pin (the original) SCSI, or the Firewire port on my G4.
Old 03-17-2000, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Sync, Beta, Final Mix, and Posting Gear

mwalsh

To answer your question on what type of connection, SCSI. Hope that helps.

lrosier