Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2021, 09:37 AM

Default Carbon running PT and 2 DAW same time

So over on another forum a Carbon user mentioned using the dual Carbon Channels instances ( I am assuming Carbon I/O for one DAW, and Carbon Reserved PT I/O for Pro tools )
here is a quote of his statement
Again I am assuming by "Logic over Core Audio" he means using Carbon I/O ???
"When running Logic Pro 10.6 over Core Audio and Pro Tools over the "reserved" channels, Carbon mixes the outputs together seamlessly. Pretty cool for playing Alchemy or Logic Drummer along with Pro Tools sessions, especially when the Pro Tools mixer is running entirely on the DSP with no additional latency."

I am wondering if anybody can post a step by step outline of how to do this
I have both Studio One and Reason and would be interested in how this is done? I tried but I am missing something....thanks, Kev

Update ::: I asked the above person on the other forum about this also, and he generously and quickly replied right back

"Both Carbon profiles show up in Sound Prefs and Audio/MIDI set-up as you stated, so in Logic preferences I simply select Carbon Out 1-2 (MONITOR L-R) and in Pro Tools I/O I map the stereo out 1-2 to Carbon Out 1-2 (MONITOR L-R). Then when I'm playing back my Pro Tools session, I just bring the Logic window to the front and select a channel with Alchemy instantiated on it so I can play the Logic instrument along with the PT track. There isn't any cross patching between the apps without physically patching one's output to the other's input, but for monitoring Logic instruments on top of Pro Tools tracks it works great"

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 03-14-2021 at 10:05 AM.