Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-10-2018, 06:59 AM

Default Profile wordclock sync with two snakecards

Anyone that had problems with syncing two snakecards. Profile stops syncing the two snakecards quite often, tried different cables, no difference. Do I have to reseat some cards?
I often have problems as well when sending madi to others that they fall out of sync.
2xHD madi - 2xHD omni -
Old 06-21-2018, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Profile wordclock sync with two snakecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioartist View Post
Anyone that had problems with syncing two snakecards. Profile stops syncing the two snakecards quite often, tried different cables, no difference. Do I have to reseat some cards?
I often have problems as well when sending madi to others that they fall out of sync.
What does it do when it stops syncing? I have had 2 snake cards in my rack but mostly have had just one stage rack and I have never seen any sync related issues.

Snake cards have ribbon cables going to DSP cards if I remember correctly. You can always try to reseat these and even the DSP cards might sometimes need a reseating I have heard. Overall cleaning and maintenance of the FOH rack wouldn't hurt I guess.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:09 AM

I use mostly one stagerack as well.
Led just flashes red and asks for wc cable to be connected.

When connected madi falls out of sync it is the standard dropout thing and loosing audio.

It seems that the profile just does not deliver clock very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
What does it do when it stops syncing? I have had 2 snake cards in my rack but mostly have had just one stage rack and I have never seen any sync related issues.

Snake cards have ribbon cables going to DSP cards if I remember correctly. You can always try to reseat these and even the DSP cards might sometimes need a reseating I have heard. Overall cleaning and maintenance of the FOH rack wouldn't hurt I guess.
2xHD madi - 2xHD omni -
Old 06-21-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioartist View Post
I use mostly one stagerack as well.
Led just flashes red and asks for wc cable to be connected.

When connected madi falls out of sync it is the standard dropout thing and loosing audio.

It seems that the profile just does not deliver clock very well.
I am no Avid tech support, so they could probably do a way better job at helping, but I would check the internal cabling as I suggested before and another thing that comest to my mind is that you could try to swap the places of the snake cards, make the upper card become lower and the other way around. That way, if one has a bad output connector and the other one has bad input connector you would end up using different connectors and maybe you get lucky and it works! Or it's just the internal ribbon cable needing reseating. If I was you, I would take it all apart, remove the dust and reseat everything or if I would feel uncomfortable doing that by myself I would hire someone good to do it for me. It's a PC so anything can happen :-D I would also contact Live Sound Tech Support and maybe they can read out something from the log files about any of the cards being faulty and so on.

Take care!