Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 AM

Default Is there a way to unlink "Track Show/Hide" between mix and edit window?

The title says it all: Is there a way to hide tracks from the mix window that still appear in the edit window?

This would really help navigation of large projects for mixdown.
I know the D-Contol has custom fader banks, but simply being able to hide unwanted faders from the mix window would do the trick for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to unlink "Track Show/Hide" between mix and edit window?

Hi,

Only by using windows configurations as far as i know!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to unlink "Track Show/Hide" between mix and edit window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Eichelberg View Post
The title says it all: Is there a way to hide tracks from the mix window that still appear in the edit window?

This would really help navigation of large projects for mixdown.
I know the D-Contol has custom fader banks, but simply being able to hide unwanted faders from the mix window would do the trick for me.
The only way that i know is to use the Memory location window, selecting under time properties "none", and "track show/hide" and track heights under general properties. Works well when using keyboard shortcuts to access them ( "period"-number-"period" ) good luck..
Combining that with the "window config" feature can produce some good results. ff
Old 09-20-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Only by using windows configurations as far as i know!!

Chris
Don't think that includes track show and hide...although it is convenient for a lot of other things. ff
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Don't think that includes track show and hide...
Yes it does! well it does for me

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Window configurations show track show/hide, but show/hide is universal across the edit and mix windows.

It would be great to have some tracks showing in the mix window that don't show in the edit window? or vice versa . . .
Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Chris
Goodness... I can't figure that one out. Been using the memory locations for "show/hide". What settings do you use in the windows config window? perhaps it is an 8.1 feature, or more likely... my error. Help me figure that one as it would save me a few seconds here and there. ff
Old 09-20-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Goodness... I can't figure that one out. Been using the memory locations for "show/hide". What settings do you use in the windows config window? perhaps it is an 8.1 feature, or more likely... my error. Help me figure that one as it would save me a few seconds here and there. ff
Set the view you want and save configuration or update current configuration!

Chrus

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 09-20-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Set the view you want and save configuration or update current configuration!

Chrus
If you are referring to the Track "BIN" show/hide... yes that has always been the case with window configurations.
But creating a window config that, for instance, just shows the drum tracks.. and another that shows only master auxes (similar to the OP's needs)... you are telling me you can do that with Window Configs? I have never understood it to do that, and after getting back here to the studio cannot get it to...
I thought that was what the Memory markers function was for...
Old 09-22-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Chris
Can Someone else actually confirm that "Track Show and Hide" actually is a function in window configs. I can only make it work in memory markers functions. ff