Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2009, 06:26 AM

Question Flicker

Here's what I have:

I installed on a new 20" Samsung widescreen monitor. I want a dual monitor set-up so I also set back up my 4:3 17" LCD monitor hoping I could put the mix screen on one and the edit screen on another - which so many people on here have told me is just too cool to have!
My video card in my computer has a DVI input and a VGA input so I installed the widescreen on the DVI and put the regular flatpanel on the VGA. I did the set-up, I extended my desktop to the regular 4:3 and it worked great. It indentified the widescreen as monitor #1 and the 4:3 and monitor #2 as it should no problems.

When I open Pro tools everything is awesome except the widescreen starts flickering and everytime I stop moving the mouse the screen goes black, I move the mouse and the screen comes back for 2 seconds and then goes black again. This is some weirdness!

I have the widescreen at 1600X900 resolution as it said to do and the 4:3 monitor is at 1024X768 and it is supposed to be so I updated the drivers same problem.

Could it be the different formats? I really want to use the two monitor set-up. My video card is a Nvidia and is pretty nice although it has one VGA and one DVI. It might be that they meant either or and not two different monitors connected that are two different formats????

Thanks guys.
God Bless.