Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2021, 07:16 AM

Default record enable two instrument tracks

I'm stumped this morning. Trying to record enable two separate instrument tracks simultaneously - one with Pianoteq7 and one with Sampletank 3. Both are being bussed to an audio track to create a wav file (one audio track for each). I enable the first and all is well - the record button turns red. I enable the second and the first un-enables. I also try to do this with the the control key but when I try to enable the second, it will not enable. It appears that this de-activates record functionality for that track until I press CONTROL-record on that track again.

I KNOW this has worked countless times before one way or the other. What am I doing wrong?? Running PT 2021.3.1 on Windows 10. ( There WAS a windows update installed last night and strange things sometimes happen after these updates).

Last edited by kw88keys; 06-19-2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:35 AM

Default Re: record enable two instrument tracks

Auto-cancel previously record-enabled tracks

When you’re in a creative flow, you need to move quickly. But sometimes, you might forget to disable record on a take you want to keep and record over it. Now, a new preference makes sure that never happens again. It allows you to select how Pro Tools behaves when you record-arm an audio, MIDI, or instrument track. So that when you press record, all previously record enabled tracks are automatically disarmed. And you will avoid recording accidents of this nature from here on out.

https://www.avid.com/avid/data/Video...1-E8BD7C5B2C54
Old 06-19-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Auto-cancel previously record-enabled tracks

When you’re in a creative flow, you need to move quickly. But sometimes, you might forget to disable record on a take you want to keep and record over it. Now, a new preference makes sure that never happens again. It allows you to select how Pro Tools behaves when you record-arm an audio, MIDI, or instrument track. So that when you press record, all previously record enabled tracks are automatically disarmed. And you will avoid recording accidents of this nature from here on out.

https://www.avid.com/avid/data/Video...1-E8BD7C5B2C54
I owe you a beer! Works as expected now! Have a great weekend!
Old 06-19-2021, 08:00 AM

I’ll take it! Happy to help.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:39 AM

2 other solutions:
1-highlight both tracks(so the track names are "lit"), hold Alt+Shift and click the RECORD button on either track(both should light up)
2-after putting one track in to RECORD, hold Shift and click the next track's RECORD button.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave