Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Wouldn\'t It Be Nice!

Wouldn't it be nice to have this implemented here on the DUC?

Digidesign having a section on their website that will require users to enter their motherboard model number, processor number, and operating system, along with the interface being used. And from this information you will be directed to the area that will help you with solutions to your problems, from drivers, bios, tweaks, and components. What you may or may not need to get your system running properly. There's alot of information complied here to get this done.

You know like the websites that allows you to custom build your computer…the first thing you must choose is the motherboard, processor, then memory and so forth.

We need something like that here “On The DUC” so that when someone has a problem with their set-up…all they have to do is enter their system’s specs and the solutions will pop-up or other recommendations can be given!

CEGray

How about a program similar to sisoft sandra that can tell you if your system is compatible with ProTools?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Wouldn\'t It Be Nice!

I believe there is a combatibility page that lines all that stuff out for you in a great manner.
not to be smart.
it seems like digi doesnt put out these workarounds and stuff cause if you use the compatibility page to build your pc then it should work fine.
I know nothing though.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 PM

A nice idea in theory but a mess in practice. The big problem is that there are way too many possible combinations of way too many motherboards. If the users (i.e.us) could stick to the recommended parts, then it might work. But there is always someone that wants to try something not listed for any of several reasons from stubborn allegience to a brand, to ego that swears this should work "because I know it should". BTW..."snowmen fall from the sky unassembled...BRILLIANT!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-16-2006, 09:27 PM

Sir Bergersworth

I didn't think you were being smart with your opinion, it's just that alot of individuals will not look at those recommendations and post their problems without disclosing what their system set-up are. There's a poster eidolon24 who posted having problems with his 001, stating that he tried to record for the first time today with it. 001's have been out for along time, at least you mentioned what you had as a set-up and version of protools your using, but you also left out what motherboard you had. I looked up the chipset you discribed, Intel 845GEBV and I only get a website that doesn't help me with the MB. So you see, some of us are trying to help you, but without enough info on your system it's fruitless!

So, now if your lucky, someone who has solved that problem will see it and give a solution, or you'll find yourself clicking through many of webpages to find it if it exists.

**Pro Tools LE 6.4 is the last version of Pro Tools that will work with Digi 001 hardware.

Okay, how about a downloadable file that can analyze your system for compatibility with ProTools?
Something similar to sisoft sandra program?
Old 01-17-2006, 10:58 PM

I am sorry about the mobo thing. I actually have the Intel 845GEBV2 mobo. I forgot about the 2. I have since changed.
Quote:
**Pro Tools LE 6.4 is the last version of Pro Tools that will work with Digi 001 hardware.

what does that mean?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:50 AM

It means that digi will not be releasing any additional versions on that system. That's as far as it goes!

Digi 001

Pro Tools LE 6.4 for Mac OS X 10.3 and Windows XP were the last releases of Pro Tools that support Digi 001 hardware.

http://www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/001/
Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 AM

And you are telling me like I didnt know this why?

Because I use a 001 and 6.4 means what?

read back mange, I didnt ask you for any help
Old 01-18-2006, 12:04 PM

That's what I get for wanting to help alittle, I just thought those areas could have been overlooked, my bad!

No, you didn't ask for my help. And now, we shall go our separate ways!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:19 PM

Teach you to try and help , Man I will tell you I have gained alot of knowledge over the last 6 yrs here, but it has realy turned into a rude place lately. Maybe I missed something but this guy tries to help you out, and as you said yourself you never asked for his help but he was gona give it a stab for you on his dime just to help out. And you come off like that?

You would not be called Sir in my home.

Man this place was the bomb about 3-4 yr ago. I was never a popular or regular poster, but allmost on a daily basis I try to stop in and read a little here. There have been a lot of really cool, helpfull, smart folks that have left this forum because of that kind of bulls**t.

There are some great folks left but it aint what it used to be Guess thats why gearslutz is so popular. At least the pruds there have the cridentials to back it up.

As another respected member always says, Happy Tooling!

Bet you will get a lot of help now.

Quote:
That's what I get for wanting to help alittle, I just thought those areas could have been overlooked, my bad!

No, you didn't ask for my help. And now, we shall go our separate ways!

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com