Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Pro Tools Update 9.0.5 Help! Midi Killed

I updated to Pro Tools 9.0.5 yesterday. I am running OSX 10.6.8. Midi is not working correctly. I have a Yamaha Controller hooked by USB to the Mac. If I make an instrument track with the plug in and play the keyboard I see nothing (usually there's an indicator of midi activity). When I record on the track notes appear but the plug in does not react i.e. no sound. On playback the midi notes I just recorded play on the plug in.

I have trashed the prefs, downloaded the latest midi driver from Avid, tried removing plug ins (I did update a few that were causing other troubles namely Flux and Isotope). The Audio-Midi driver shows the correct midi setup including my interfaces. Please help! I need midi to work.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Update 9.0.5 Help! Midi Killed

I have been seeing this in my studio lately too and it has been extremely annoying. I'm not sure where it came from. I am on 8.1.1, so it may not necessarily be a 9.0.5 issue.

For me, I find that I usually solve the problem by going to my Audio Midi Set-up and even though I will see my device there, it will only start working again in Pro Tools when I click on the "Rescan MIDI" icon. Then things seem to work again.

Let us know if that temporarily solves the problem. It still pops up on me quite a bit.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
I have been seeing this in my studio lately too and it has been extremely annoying. I'm not sure where it came from. I am on 8.1.1, so it may not necessarily be a 9.0.5 issue.

For me, I find that I usually solve the problem by going to my Audio Midi Set-up and even though I will see my device there, it will only start working again in Pro Tools when I click on the "Rescan MIDI" icon. Then things seem to work again.

Let us know if that temporarily solves the problem. It still pops up on me quite a bit.
I'm having the exact same issue. VERY annoying. I just upgraded to 9.0.5. Must be a bug. Avid, any ideas???
Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Avid...are you out there?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools Update 9.0.5 Help! Midi Killed

I'm having the same issue. It seems to be a 10.6.8 issue based on what I'm hearing from you guys... I have a show on Friday and I'm about to not have midi tracks for it... very very bad...... Also, I have not been able to get it to play back at all.

-------------------------
MacBook 13" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB ram, 500GB Hard disk
OSX 10.6.8
ProTools 9.0.5

Last edited by DNewburn; 09-11-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Avid

Have any of you tried trashing the specific MIDI preferences per the info in one of the replies in the General Troubleshooting thread? What about testing from a different admin account?