Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Is Anyone NOT having session corruption with 7

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 AM

Jeremy - good coverage. (as usual)

i'm using the mac intel 10.4.8 (2.66mghz) - 4 gigs ram (more on the way)
esata2
seagate 16mb buffer/250gig for PT sessions. seagate 750/16mb buffer for Samples. seagate 750/16mb buffer for System. (was supposed to be 250gig) Kiss those FW drives goodbye!

PlugsoundPro - (searching for an Atmosphere-like replacement until Spectrasonics goes UB) I like the UVI engine a lot. The sounds are decent. I only just bought it so I'm gettting to know it.

Pitchntime 2.x (as default in PT)

Kontakt 2.x (working pretty well so far)
My gripe is getting NI to authorize my EW libraries. I can't get an email or phone response from them. (the way to get Kontakt to see them is by reinstalling EW and then running the new Service Center. Unfortunately I have a home cpu that is authorized and my retired G4. So i get the nasty auto response thru the service center app until I can get a human being at NI.)

Might try the beta version of Echoboy.

Installed Stylus beta - and it comes up and plays. I haven't written anything with it yet or tested it other than the install check.

SO FAR SO GOOD. pretty intensive edited tracks for feature film work. with video out firewire. tracks were 7.1 last week. treading lightly as I go.

ONLY ISSUE: Digitranslator.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...89#Post1093776

For the first time in a LONG time I feel like I am ON TOP OF THE CURVE in terms of having the very latest system. I know it'll last about another week. My last upgrade was 2003.

have a good weekend, scott

who was up with the winds this morning in LA. up at 4 23 am. the windchimes next door have turned into chinese water torture. can't tell the neighbor cause he can't hear anything. may turn into a windchime ninja. snip.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 AM

careful guys. Its got nothing to do with plugins i don't believe. It happened to me several times while working on a 100+ track session with 6 QT videos, but only one or two EQ3 plugins and a soundminer rtas active. For me the corrupt fades would come in immediately after I deleted many tracks at once and removed unused regions from the bin. The best way to protect yourself is to save often but more importantly to close and reopen the session often to verify the bug is not there. You won't know the bug has hit until you close and reopen the session. For example, if the bug hits at 10 am, all the saves from that point on will be corrupt, but you won't know it until you close and reopen the session the following day.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Question...

If I do not do FADES, am I safe?

I only ask because I am tracking the next 3 or 4 days. Clients will understand if I say "Guys, don't worry about the abrupt punch in points for now, I will fix them when Digi gets its act together."

Or is this happening with sessions with just lots of regions? I am not using any video.

brian
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 PM

I had used PT7.3cs1 on a G5 2.71 GHz, and have experience the "bug", first attributing it to drive issues. I was doing predominantly heavy drum edits, and when reopening the file after restarts, got the problem. My main engineer then experienced the same issues on another drive, It seems that simpler, less edit-dense projects were OK, but the more involved ones, (even high-edit, low track count projects) experience "the bug".We tried deleting the Digidesign databases on all drives and it seemed to have a positive result, although possibly luck related. I am highly anticipating the 731 update. I will try to open the same projects on different machines to see what the result will be. More on that later....
Steve
Old 01-06-2007, 06:20 AM

Is anybody having the "disappearing regions" problem with 7.3? Im in 7.2 with an almost unusable system at the moment.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 PM

That is what has been happening to me as well as others who have posted here. No real workaround except consolidation of any complex editing. The randomization of regions seems to happen when edits become dense.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I had used PT7.3cs1 on a G5 2.71 GHz, and have experience the "bug", first attributing it to drive issues. I was doing predominantly heavy drum edits, and when reopening the file after restarts, got the problem. My main engineer then experienced the same issues on another drive, It seems that simpler, less edit-dense projects were OK, but the more involved ones, (even high-edit, low track count projects) experience "the bug".We tried deleting the Digidesign databases on all drives and it seemed to have a positive result, although possibly luck related. I am highly anticipating the 731 update. I will try to open the same projects on different machines to see what the result will be. More on that later....
Steve

Ive been seeing the same sort of things here.
Drives and sessions that were fine with previous OS are not happy now.
Heres something that Ive run into that I havent seen mention of.

Before the sesion hangs or crashes, I am often unable to type in any dialog box, i.e. "save session as...". but keyboard works in every other use/way.
This happens with any keyboard.
If I quit and restart, the issue goes away.

Ive also had crashes, when a session goes and looks for fades.
If I tell it to ignore, then generally there isnt a crash.

FWIW,
when I installed 7.3, I too scraped everything down to bare wood.
downloaded the most current set of plugs.
dotted "I"s crossed "T"s.

7.3.cs1
G5 DP2GHZ 10.4.8
2 GB ram
HD 2 Accel
3 192 Digital I/O
1 96 I/O
2 Data Silo Dual bay FW800 enclosures
1 Lacie DVD ram drive [FW400]
1 Lacie Litscribe burner [FW400]

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 01-08-2007, 11:32 AM

ANY WORD ABOUT 7.3.1? (A bit anxious for the fix....)
Thanks
Steve
Old 01-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Avid

We continue to work on a fix for this issue. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't have the 7.3.1 update ready for posting until Wednesday. Until then we advise reverting back to 7.2 if you are seeing this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

DigiCS