Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default Ableton Live Lite 5 Digidesign Edition

Free Upgrade to Ableton Live Lite 5 Digidesign Edition Now Available

Ableton and Digidesign are pleased to offer a free upgrade of your Live Lite 4 and Live 2 Digidesign Edition software to the new Live Lite 5 Digidesign Enhanced Edition. For details, please see the following page in the Digidesign News section:

www.digidesign.com/news/details.cfm?story_id=4606
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Ableton Live Lite 5 Digidesign Edition

Is it me or does the upgrade include two less audio tracks?

I dont use it often enough for it to matter but is this going to be a problem for folks with 6 tracks going?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:31 AM

I'm getting a wierd problem. When I start up Live lite 5 it crashs after it searchs for VST plugins. When I last used live lite 2 , months ago, I did something for the VST search within the prog.

Now each time I try to start up, it goes through the VST search and the crashs???

I'm not abble to start up

Help!
6Gig memory
1 X 320gig HD
2 X 80gig HD
Old 03-14-2006, 10:14 AM

I pay with it a bit learning ableton live 4.1, and I notice that the 4 meant 2 audio and 2 midi channels you can save sets in.

Just fooling around in the latest ableton live lite 5, i was able to get to set up 3 audio and 2 midi. I assume the lite 5 means being able to use up to 5 tracks. I remember the first ableton lite offered 6 audio tracks.

when Live lite 4 came, people complained about having only 4 tracks. But I like the midi tracks, that I didnt mind the new implementations.

Now we have 5 tracks to work with since they using the Live lite 5 title. Everyday when I have time to play with the special digi version of ableton live, I learn more. Im still getting my feet wet and hopefully someday I will not mind getting the full version.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 AM

I think there is a major bug with this. When I installed it, and switched the audio device to asio and my mbox, I got a constant deep feedback that transferred to PT (this only happened when I arm recorded in ableton, and PT). As soon as I uninstall Ableton, it works fine (for now). I don't know what went wrong.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:36 AM

Do any of you know how to fix my problem?
6Gig memory
1 X 320gig HD
2 X 80gig HD
Old 03-15-2006, 01:55 PM

Well I noticed after I installed Live lite 5, it scanned my vst plug-ins during the initial set-up. It did all these crazy things telling me this and that plug-in worked or could not be found. Everything plus this and a third. But I just agreed or what not to close the darn windows just to get this thing going. I am sure some of the many free VST plug-ins might not be stable because of their coding or what not.

But that happened during the beginning, and it no longer needs to scan after that. It starts normally now.

Ok do this. It just might work. Remove your VST folder from your scan ( unlink it I guess is the key) or the directory. Like on a different partition or place your VST folder onto a clean cd-r. See if that might prevent your crashs. Could be the plug-in's themselves.

As for me I am surprised my 3 yr old laptop didnt crash when it was acting funny during installation.

Good luck
Old 04-11-2006, 08:25 PM

All these problems, these are reasons why I don't uninstall other versions of Ableton Live. I have 4.12 pro, 5.0.1 pro, as well as Live Lite 4 and 5 all on both my Mac and PC. If one crashes, I have more than another available to open up and work with, and since I rarely use it, it makes no difference to me which version I use.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 PM

Hey all,

I'm a long-time LE user. I seem to have missed the boat on the chopped up/packaged programs that LE offers on the side to new users these days. When I got on board, these offers never exsisted. Now, whenever I upgrade, I never seem to get any additional, "lite" software like Reason, sample tank LE etc to try out myself. Is there any way here on digidesing.com that I, as an exsisting user (v6.9) can get access to all the freebies??!

Regards..