Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Default Just updated ITunes and Quicktime, now have issues

I'm OS 10.3.9 running LE 6.4. Just updated to Quictime 7.1.1 and iTunes 6.04. Of course now Pro Tools can't see the hardware for whatever weird reason. I tried to find a re-installer of the older versions on Apples website but could only find re-installers for older existing versions of quicktime. I have a project coming in today, and need to start working on it. Anyone know what I should do?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Just updated ITunes and Quicktime, now have issues

you have to re install QT 7--not the updated one--i think it's 7.0
Old 06-28-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Just updated ITunes and Quicktime, now have is

"Of course now Pro Tools can't see the hardware for whatever weird reason. "

What hardware are you referring to? Digidesign hardware, or some sort of Firewire Capture device like the Canopus ADVC100 or 110?

I am running 10.3.9 with Pro Tools 6.9 on an HD2 system, and after installing Quicktime 7.1.1 I wasn't able to output a DV stream in Pro Tools through my ADVC110 firewire device. I had to remove the old Quicktime version receipts from my system. Here is a link on how to do this. This link is in regards to Final Cut Pro software, but it is a similar issue and should work to restore connectivity between Pro Tools and your firewire video output device.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301852

In my case, all I did was remove the receipts for older versions of Quicktime and I was able to resolve the problem.

This is assuming of course that this is the problem you've encountered.

Regards,

CCH
Old 06-28-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Just updated ITunes and Quicktime, now have is

I meant that it's not seeing the 002R hardware.

-Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:
you have to re install QT 7--not the updated one--i think it's 7.0
The problem is that none of the old re-installers will re-install with 7.1.1 already there. Ii have Quicktime Pro, and I'm worried that if I just trash it, and start over I'll lose quicktime pro.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:36 PM

It's not too helpful but I had a similar problem and had to reformat my HD and restore from a back up to go back. If I hadn't had a current backup from just before the install I would have been screwed. There is a site that keeps old installers available but I don't think it will do you any good because of the "can't go back" style of the upgrade. I don't think you will lose the Pro, though you may have to reenter the serial #. It should work for the version of QT that you bought.
Good Luck
Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM

i complained to DIGI and someone sent me a QT7.1.1 UNinstaller--after you run that you just re-install QT7.0--but you do have re-enter your name/auth code for QT pro

if i can find the link on one mf my backup drives i'll send it to you