Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-03-2005, 10:39 AM

Default HELP! Aiff files unrecognizeable by Pro Tools

I was recording 48 tracks of a live show into Pro Tools TDM 6.7 and when I went to save at the very end of the show (also had been hitting command-S periodically throughout the showand have the auto save on at every 5 min.) the system stalled and the ball of wonder just kept spinning. After about 45 minutes, I had to pack up my gear and had to do a force quit. After the session closed down, however, the program itself would not shut down all the way, so I restarted the whole computer. I reopened the session, but my newest (most important) regions and their parent audio files were missing from the session. Some files and regions from earlier in the evening were there. The audio files were present in the Audio Files folder for the session, though, so I tried to import them back into the session and was told that they are unrecognizeable by Pro Tools. I imported bothe with shift command I, and the import audio to track. The audio files are exactly the size I would expect them to be, are aiff files, and show being modified at exactly the time I would have done my last save, but I can't get Pro Tools to recognize them. I also tried to access the Session Backups, and though there were quite a few of them, they all were showing as being modified at 9:33 pm--the time I would have started recording. Hmm. . . I have also tried importing them into Garage Band, and Audacity, but neither of those worked. Any ideas? My next plan of action is to try Tech Tools, or Disk Warrior and am wondering which one is better and safer to use? Thanks.
sfaudiogeek is online now Edit/Delete Message
Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Aiff files unrecognizeable by Pro Tools

I may be able to help recover them -- contact me via email.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-04-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Aiff files unrecognizeable by Pro Tools

I know this has happened to me before after a crash. Not in a long time though. Would you mind sharing the possible solution RJR just to enlighten our fair community?