Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 04:40 PM

Default LED METER PEAK HOLD

OK, I know how to turn it off in TDM(setup/hardware/options/) Where is this option in PTLE!!

Thanks guys

Gaffer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2002, 11:32 PM

Default Re: LED METER PEAK HOLD

I'm pretty sure it's under Setups>Preferences and then on one of the tabbed pages. I'm not near my Mac at this point but I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere.
Old 02-17-2002, 03:39 AM

There's indeed a peak hold preference that propose "infinite"-"3 seconds hold"-"none" (or something like that), but it has never worked for me. Whatever I check, the peak still remains in "infinite" option and that's pretty annoying. I have to reset red clippings by hand...
If anyone has a solution I would be glad to hear too.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:09 AM

T, That's because the red light is the clip indicator, and not the peak hold indicator - which is just a single line.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:15 AM

Yep, I had figured that out...What I meant is that a peak indicator generally also includes red clips (the famous &great RTWs, for example, do indicate clipping aswell) and so it should act as the rest of the leds (hold for the selected time and then disappear). Or am I missing something?...
Old 02-17-2002, 08:52 PM

yeah- the clip indicator should turn off with those preferencs, but mine does not. I am tryin to get the clip(RED) to hold for a sec or two and then disappear if the clipping has stopped.It works on the TDM systwm at work. Why not on PTLE.AM I missing something?

Gaffer [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2002, 01:12 AM

Me Too !
I've checked the prefrences and there's no change to the red clipping light. I find it annoying and think it should be addressed -
HEY DIGI TECH
Old 02-18-2002, 11:03 AM

I always have to click my Clip lights to turn them off... on my 001 or the TDM (5.0) system I use. I like it though because I often record drums and things by myself and when the clip light stays on I can go back and check the waveform I just recorded to make sure I'm okay. I wasn't even aware you could shut the red light hold off on either system.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:35 AM
Avid

The behavior of the clip LED is not adjustable...when it is illuminated, it remains that way until you click the area to clear it. This 'infinite hold' allows you to see if potential clipping has occured, even if the fader/track is not currently viewable on the screen.

Brent
Old 02-19-2002, 10:07 AM

It would be pretty cool to be able to choose (infinite / x sec.hold/ no hold at all)...
When mixing (thus watching more closely each and every tracks), many clippings can occure on the same track during the whole session playback; this "infinite hold" just displays the first one (= the followings will be harder to locate) unless you clear it by hand. Unfortunately, I'm usually using my hands to ...mix.
Maybe I should train my feet and learn how to use them for clearing the red led...

Just another wished feature I guess (the red led preference, not the use of my feet...).