Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2015, 08:03 AM
albee1952's Avatar
albee1952 albee1952 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Norwich, CT
Posts: 37,874
Default Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

Is it me or are others wrestling with this build? Every boot throws a popup telling me it crashed and offering to send a crash report, which I have done several times. The only solution seems to be to uninstall and re-install. I love this thing when it works, but geez
__________________
Gigabyte X79/intel i7 3930K, 32GB RAM, HD/Native, 192 IO
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...0sound%20works


The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2015, 09:27 AM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,779
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

i just had my first shutdown of EuCon ... trying to use PT Control ... it worked for 2 minutes then the transport readout starting getting jittery ... an hour later and a dozen restarts i at least have my MC Transport back .. does not like to play with the Ipad App at all here ..

are you using any hardware artist, or S3, or S6 control surfaces with PT Control ??
__________________
Macmini M1 8/512 -OS 12.3.1 and PT2022.4
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 AM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,779
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

so i unplugged the MC transport to see if i could get PT control to run on it's own .. Nah .. this thing is a dog .. i am done playing with Toys until they work properly .. ridiculous behavior .. EuCon is not Professional Guys .. i know you are working hard at it but seriously .. an iPad app that crashes Hardware because they are fighting for control ..

whatever .. disappointing ..
__________________
Macmini M1 8/512 -OS 12.3.1 and PT2022.4
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Kyle Splittgerber's Avatar
Kyle Splittgerber Kyle Splittgerber is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 565
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

If EuControl is crashing on launch, then it could be that old EUCON components are not being overwritten properly during installation. I'd suggest the following to first get EuControl to launch without crash, then we can go from there:
  1. Quit Pro Tools | Control on your iPad and disconnect any EUCON surfaces.
  2. Go to Applications/Euphonix and run the uninstaller. Ensure that all components have been removed in the Euphonix folder
  3. Check the Applications folder to make sure MC Client has been removed
  4. From Finder, click on Go, choose "Go to folder" and type "/usr/local/lib". If you see any EuCon files in there, delete them.
  5. Reboot your Mac
  6. Install EuControl 3.3.2 (download available from account.avid.com)
  7. EuControl will auto-launch

Crash? If no crash, then great.

If crash, then go to System Preferences>EUCON and select Wi-Fi from the Network Interface dropdown. Restart your computer and EuControl will launch.

Crash? If yes, will you attach the crash log here?

Let me know. Thanks,
__________________
Kyle Splittgerber
Senior Principal Product Designer
Avid
Berkeley, CA
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2015, 11:42 AM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,779
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
If EuControl is crashing on launch, then it could be that old EUCON components are not being overwritten properly during installation. I'd suggest the following to first get EuControl to launch without crash, then we can go from there:
  1. Quit Pro Tools | Control on your iPad and disconnect any EUCON surfaces.
  2. Go to Applications/Euphonix and run the uninstaller. Ensure that all components have been removed in the Euphonix folder
  3. Check the Applications folder to make sure MC Client has been removed
  4. From Finder, click on Go, choose "Go to folder" and type "/usr/local/lib". If you see any EuCon files in there, delete them.
  5. Reboot your Mac
  6. Install EuControl 3.3.2 (download available from account.avid.com)
  7. EuControl will auto-launch

Crash? If no crash, then great.

If crash, then go to System Preferences>EUCON and select Wi-Fi from the Network Interface dropdown. Restart your computer and EuControl will launch.

Crash? If yes, will you attach the crash log here?

Let me know. Thanks,
kyle, i did all the steps .. no crash and no crash log, BUT Spinning EuCon "E" in the menu bar for 5-10 minutes .. and NO PT Control working .. and below is what i am trying to Dig my way out of right now ..

Also i guess you missed that i use the MC Transport - connected to Ethernet - so having me change the EuCon pref to Wi-Fi i lose my MCT and now i cannot change it back as the dropdown menu only says Wi-Fi and no other choice .. that did Not work out so good for me !! thx ..

after 2 more uninstalls i have ethernet back in the menu BUT MCT is acting up and not wanting to connect - after another 2 installs i am back to where i started from .. and still no working PT Control ..

done .. you cooked my brain .. back to something creative ..

thx for trying ..
__________________
Macmini M1 8/512 -OS 12.3.1 and PT2022.4
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Kyle Splittgerber's Avatar
Kyle Splittgerber Kyle Splittgerber is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 565
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
kyle, i did all the steps .. no crash and no crash log, BUT Spinning EuCon "E" in the menu bar for 5-10 minutes .. and NO PT Control working .. and below is what i am trying to Dig my way out of right now ..

Also i guess you missed that i use the MC Transport - connected to Ethernet - so having me change the EuCon pref to Wi-Fi i lose my MCT and now i cannot change it back as the dropdown menu only says Wi-Fi and no other choice .. that did Not work out so good for me !! thx ..

after 2 more uninstalls i have ethernet back in the menu BUT MCT is acting up and not wanting to connect - after another 2 installs i am back to where i started from .. and still no working PT Control ..

done .. you cooked my brain .. back to something creative ..

thx for trying ..
Hey John,

I didn't miss that you have an MC Transport. I was trying to reduce the amount of variables, get PTC working first, then build up from that. I think if we can focus on just PTC, we can make some headway here. It'd also be great to know more about your setup:
  • What router are you using?
  • How is it connected?
  • Any other switches involved? If so, what is connected to them?
  • Are you using 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz bands with your Wi-Fi router? We strongly recommend 5Ghz as 2.4Ghz is much more susceptible to RF interference, which could be playing a role in the dropouts.
  • If you are noticing that PTC works close to the router, but not farther away then there is some signal strength issue going on here. For those seeing that, is the iPad Wi-Fi icon always showing full strength? Or does that fluctuate?


I realize you're busy, but let me know if you'd like to continue troubleshooting.

Thanks,
__________________
Kyle Splittgerber
Senior Principal Product Designer
Avid
Berkeley, CA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2015, 01:46 PM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,779
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

fyiw.. My Working MC Transport Setup Should not have been altered to test a Free App and i cannot get that time back ..

so unless there is a hard wired workflow i am done with this for now .. i can go and buy another freaking adapter .. Lighting to RJ-45 ?? or Lighting to USB (which i have) and then USB to RJ-45 ...

before i run, quick answers to your questions .. Cable Modem - Ethernet Cable to Apple Extreme Router Wireless / 5ghz / 20'x20' room .. All Signals are Full Strength .. it worked the first time i tried it for about 15 minutes, but never again for more than 3 minutes or so .. it connected for 3 minutes this morning when all this happened .. then it just slowly went into the crapper .. numbers moving slowly .. and then NOt Connected in Red and my system went to hell ..

i am not a bad guy but this s_ _ t just keeps happening .. too many bugs in the Avid Software these days .. too much troubleshooting, too much wasted time ...

there, i said my piece .. will try it again some time ..
__________________
Macmini M1 8/512 -OS 12.3.1 and PT2022.4
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Kyle Splittgerber's Avatar
Kyle Splittgerber Kyle Splittgerber is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 565
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

We might just have to agree to disagree on that. But, my opinion is that removing variables is an important troubleshooting step. I'm sorry about the wasted time. I'm trying to solve the issue, so you don't waste any more time troubleshooting going forward. Obviously, that requires some up front time investment from you.

The closest thing to a hard wired connection would be Airport Express---Ethernet Cable--->Mac. Then disable Wi-Fi on Mac and choose the appropriate Network Interface in System Preferences>EUCON for the Airport Express connection. If that is something you are willing to test at some point, that would tell us whether or not a very basic configuration is working. I'd also suggest deleting PTC from your iPad and reinstalling from App Store as a troubleshooting measure.

Thanks,
__________________
Kyle Splittgerber
Senior Principal Product Designer
Avid
Berkeley, CA
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-25-2015, 08:38 AM
john1192 john1192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,779
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

ok, so i stayed up late and played with this thing more and got it to work with my MC Transport - really silly how many times i had to uninstall, restart, re-install - not working then rinse, repeat about 5 times man !! .. it does not like 2.4ghz at all .. nearly useless here .. it does well at 5ghz ... BUT i have 2 things that use 2.4ghz and do not work on 5ghz .. looking to upgrade these devices .. would rather spend this money on something creative, not on something to make this free software work ...

when will this be purchased software so we can have more of the professional features of PT - pages of items, not the little bar at the bottom .. not just a glorified transport / fader pack ..

BUT i will wait until you can control Sends with PT Control .. i do not need to have a Remote Control for Transport so it is Riding FX Sends that wil be useful - Any Word on when w will see this ?? and be able to use Large Faders for this , not some silly knob please ..

and a Key Command Page Please .. this little bar on the bottom is Silly (word of the day) - said this above .

thank you and maybe see if there is a way that EuCon can load a little faster .. it is very slow when starting up computer and if having to restart to get it to com back after it decides to go offline ..

Kyle, cheers and thank you for being responsive here .. john
__________________
Macmini M1 8/512 -OS 12.3.1 and PT2022.4
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Kyle Splittgerber's Avatar
Kyle Splittgerber Kyle Splittgerber is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 565
Default Re: Eucon 3.3.2 constantly crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
ok, so i stayed up late and played with this thing more and got it to work with my MC Transport - really silly how many times i had to uninstall, restart, re-install - not working then rinse, repeat about 5 times man !! .. it does not like 2.4ghz at all .. nearly useless here .. it does well at 5ghz ... BUT i have 2 things that use 2.4ghz and do not work on 5ghz .. looking to upgrade these devices .. would rather spend this money on something creative, not on something to make this free software work ...

when will this be purchased software so we can have more of the professional features of PT - pages of items, not the little bar at the bottom .. not just a glorified transport / fader pack ..

BUT i will wait until you can control Sends with PT Control .. i do not need to have a Remote Control for Transport so it is Riding FX Sends that wil be useful - Any Word on when w will see this ?? and be able to use Large Faders for this , not some silly knob please ..

and a Key Command Page Please .. this little bar on the bottom is Silly (word of the day) - said this above .

thank you and maybe see if there is a way that EuCon can load a little faster .. it is very slow when starting up computer and if having to restart to get it to com back after it decides to go offline ..

Kyle, cheers and thank you for being responsive here .. john
Happy to help, John. And, I'm glad to hear you are having some success despite the lengthy setup process. That definitely isn't something we want any user to endure, so if you discover any sort of pattern or reproducible sets around this issue please let me know. We'll want to investigate any bugs there.

Regarding bigger Soft Keys, those are coming in EuControl 3.4 when we ship Pro Tools | Dock. They will be free. "Sends on Faders" is a big request, but no ETA on that yet.

Regarding launch time, EuControl waits for 1 minute in order to see a valid network connection before opening. This is to give the OS enough time to establish a network connection in System Preferences>Network. So, if you launch EuControl you may have to wait up to a minute for it to see that valid network. This should really only be an issue on boot up. If you have connection issues, "Restart EUCON Applications..." is currently the best way to get the surfaces to be rediscovered.

Thanks,
__________________
Kyle Splittgerber
Senior Principal Product Designer
Avid
Berkeley, CA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Tools 12.2.0.152 Constantly Crashing tresenddrums Pro Tools 12 13 09-26-2015 01:23 AM
PT 10.3.7 crashing CONSTANTLY! LSD-Studio macOS 6 11-30-2013 11:56 AM
LE 6.4 constantly crashing, please help! granduch 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 06-05-2006 06:08 PM
Crashing constantly in 6.9.....Help! Sty1es Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 4 06-08-2005 09:47 AM
HELP ME! 6.0 Crashing Constantly tactics008 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 05-28-2003 12:00 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com