Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Default Access Indigo Issues

I'm wondering if anyone has run into problems with TDM Access Indigo. I have used this great sounding plugin for years, and would use it more now, but there's some problems that are difficult to describe.
This happens sometimes, not always, but it's as if the plugin has some modulation distortion, or is receiving some bad midi controller data. The sound is there, but it seems to be running through a ring modulator going rogue! When I open up an old session with Indigo instances, they seem to work as they always did, but, usually this problem comes up when I'm auditioning sounds in a new session. This is one plugin that you still need to manually apply Midi Beat Clock, but checking this on and off seems to make no difference...
Is there anyone still using Indigo out there? Are there any forums for this plugin? Digi(Avid) doesn't seem to care about this plug, and Access doesn't seem to care either...there have been no updates for a while...
I still think that it's better than most all of the virtual synth plugs out there, except the Spectrasonics plugs, even now, although it's probably 10 years old, and I wish that I could solve these problems..thanks in advance if anyone can help...

MacPro 2X2.26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Mac OS 10.6.4
PTHD2 PT9.0.1
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Access Indigo Issues

i use indigo in many of my sessions, and i noticed what you described on some of the presets. haven't taken the time to try to understand what's up, but it's been like this for a while. are you referring to presets or are you programming your own?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
i use indigo in many of my sessions, and i noticed what you described on some of the presets. haven't taken the time to try to understand what's up, but it's been like this for a while. are you referring to presets or are you programming your own?
yes, I guess it's pretty much the same as what you are experiencing, it seems to be on some of the presets, I haven't done any exacting surveys, but, yes, it's on presets...i don't program my own, but occasionally tweek the presets...at least i know that it's not just me...thanks...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM

The indigo has several bugs which I have posted already to the avid support a long time ago.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=241996&page=3

Those BUGS were confirmed form the AVID support. (opened a case, b.t.w. now you have to pay for support)
no resolution yet since (2 years?)

Case
00938480:

Report # 1972: OSC 1 semitone detuning
Report # 1964: Filter/Env Saturation --> highpass is a lowpass, lowpass is rate reducer
Report # 1963: FX 1 --> clocked delay 1/2 is actually 1/4

Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 PM

well, that kind of sucks....i guess there aren't enough complaints...not enough users.....thanks for your responses guys...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETfromNJ View Post
well, that kind of sucks....i guess there aren't enough complaints...not enough users.....thanks for your responses guys...
The solution is to install an older Virus version, like V7. Works for me.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETfromNJ View Post
I'm using it all the time so I'd like to see a fix!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 AM

Avid Support told me that I would have to contact to Access Directly.

And Access told me to contact AVID.

Here is the Access Support which I strongly suggest to contact , so that they keep aware of their unsolved bugs

(the Virus TDM plugin is quite expensive so the users have the right to be able to use it properly. imo)

http://virus.info/page/render/lang/e...resources.html

You could use my case as reference if u like. it's all documented there already.

B.t.w. another bad thing about the Virus TDM is its high latency,
last time i tried it it was 256 Samples (independent form which buffer size you use)
whereas most other native synth's (e.g Hybrid) only have 10 samples latency ?!
IMO a TDM Synth should be the top league and should work with lowest latency on the planet