Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-14-2015, 07:33 AM

Default Core Audio Manager please

Is there really no sign of a Core Audio Manager on the horizon?

We use MaxMSP for making multichannel work (performance, gallery installations etc. including many non-standard configurations). At the moment I have a Fireface 800 as well as the Omni attached to the Mac - Max outputs via the Fireface, connected via 8 channel optical out into the Omni for monitoring &/or recording via PT. Not really a viable solution in the long term. Very tempting to sell the Omni & run in non-HD mode. Our studios are in Higher Education & they need to be more flexible than this (also the upgrade subscription is going to break the bank).
Old 11-14-2015, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Core Audio Manager please

+1Billion on this.

Far too long for this to be functional on current Mac OS. CoreAudio should be completely functional on Yosemite (for 11) and El Capitan (for 12).

When can we expect a fix for this, Avid?
DSP & IO : Pro Tools HDX2(2018.3), 2x UAD Octo, HDIO 16x16 Analog IO(3), HDIO 16x16 Digital IO
Plugins: Avid, DMG Audio, Kush, oeksound, P'n'T, Plugin Alliance, Softube, SoundTheory, Sonnox, Sound Radix, SoundToys, UAD, VEP, etc
Hardware: API, Chandler, Hardy, Moog, Neve, Shadow Hills, Smart, Summit, TC Electronic M6000, UREI, etc
Microphones: Telefunken, Neumann, Shure, AKG
Old 11-14-2015, 07:54 PM

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/r...er-v12-3-Notes

"Avid will enable audio streaming for iTunes, Flash and 3rd-party DAWs with an upcoming HD driver update.

The following issues will be fixed with the upcoming release:

iTunes doesn’t work with HDX and HD Native interfaces on OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.11.
Avid CoreAudio Manager breaks Native Instruments products on OS X 10.10 and 10.11.
Restart/Shutdown is prevented by CoreAudio component of the HD driver installed. "

Thank god.
Avid Control App 2023.11
HD Native Thunderbolt
HD I/O + Omni
Avid S1 x 2
Old 11-15-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
+1Billion on this.

Far too long for this to be functional on current Mac OS. CoreAudio should be completely functional on Yosemite (for 11) and El Capitan (for 12).

When can we expect a fix for this, Avid?
+ 2 Billion on this
Old 11-15-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defekt View Post

"Avid will enable audio streaming for iTunes, Flash and 3rd-party DAWs with an upcoming HD driver update.

iTunes doesn’t work with HDX and HD Native interfaces on OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.11.
Avid CoreAudio Manager breaks Native Instruments products on OS X 10.10 and 10.11.
Restart/Shutdown is prevented by CoreAudio component of the HD driver installed. "

Thank god.
Isn't this "upcoming release" the same upcoming release (ie;undelivered promise) that was made over 12 months ago

.., or is it another new promise piled on top of the the original undelivered promise ?

If so ..., I wonder if we will still be waiting in another 12 months from now ?
Old 11-16-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam green View Post
Isn't this "upcoming release" the same upcoming release (ie;undelivered promise) that was made over 12 months ago

.., or is it another new promise piled on top of the the original undelivered promise ?

If so ..., I wonder if we will still be waiting in another 12 months from now ?
While I have been very frustrated and some what vocal about not being able to move from Mavericks also. And I agree this is great news with the caveat now when exactly is this going to happen?

BUT In objective answer. No it's actually not the same "promise" as the original statement. In fact the original statement was not a "promise" at all

The original statement was "The Avid CoreAudio Manager is currently not compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and a driver update will be required."

But WHEN is a very valid question

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 11-16-2015, 07:39 AM

It looks like it got (a bit) better, then worse.

It appears that
"In order to support OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), we have provided a temporary solution with HD driver v12.3.
The consequence is, that HD interfaces will not work with 3rd-party DAWs on all supported OS X versions with Pro Tools 12.

If you plan to use HDX, HD Native or HD Native Thunderbolt interfaces with 3rd-party DAWs, please do NOT update to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and keep HD driver v12.2 with Pro Tools 12.3."

No mention of PT 11.
So if I don't upgrade to El Cap, and I do pay for PT12, I may have a working solution. Though this doesn't tell me how many output channels I might have access to (and I don't intend to pay £60 for someone to provide the answer!)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tes&popup=true
Old 11-24-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defekt View Post

Thank god.
Still No Fix mentioned in the new latest Pro Tools 12.3.1 release
Old 11-29-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Still No Fix mentioned in the new latest Pro Tools 12.3.1 release

Yeah. I saw.
Avid Control App 2023.11
HD Native Thunderbolt
HD I/O + Omni
Avid S1 x 2
Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 AM

Any update on this folks?
I've a ProTools 11 + HDX card configuration waiting to be updated to 12.x on Mac OS 10.11.12.

However, I don't want to flash the card because I also have Logic Pro running on the system.