Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 06:48 AM

Default upgrade process

I have 2 macs. One runs Panther and the other...newG5 runs Tiger. I run two 002R synced together...the second machine was my G4 Lap top. My G4 with Panther has PT6.4. I want to upgrade the G4 to Tiger from Panther. What would be the best way to do this and what upgrades do I need for PT to get up and running and on the same page as the G5.

The G5 has Tiger. This would be a clean install with PT. What would be the best way to get this machine running the same versions as the G4.

[email protected]
Old 04-03-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: upgrade process

Quote:
I have 2 macs. One runs Panther and the other...newG5 runs Tiger. I run two 002R synced together...the second machine was my G4 Lap top. My G4 with Panther has PT6.4. I want to upgrade the G4 to Tiger from Panther. What would be the best way to do this and what upgrades do I need for PT to get up and running and on the same page as the G5.

The G5 has Tiger. This would be a clean install with PT. What would be the best way to get this machine running the same versions as the G4.

[email protected]

If your going to run tiger, your going to have to upgrade to PT 6.9.x, or 7.x. Your choice. Before you upgrade, make sure you read the campato docs Thoroughly, and make sure each component of each system is supported in the config you want to run. The campato docs can be found here:

http://digidesign.com/compato/

What G4 do you have? What G5? Specs would help if you need more specific info, but the campato docs are your first stop.

Peace
Kelsey