How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Default PT ran out of CPU -9173 error AND COMPLETE PT BREAKDOWN

Okay This one is a doozy.
It seems that this issue with the -9173 error has been going around and gave people problems with bouncing tracks.
The problem seems to have taken steroids in my case :/

I recently Formatted my PC laptop to solve a different problem with PT (tried running it without an AudioBox, using an AIOS that i downloaded -- didnt turn out so well),
After wiping my computer clean and starting from scratch, things seemed to work fine and i got some work in.
Then one day i received the "PT has run out of CPU power..." error, even though CPU does not exceed 8-10%. I RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE NOT WHEN TRYING TO BOUNCE A FILE, BUT RATHER JUST BY ATTEMPTING TO PRESS PLAY AND PLAY THE SONG.
** From there things kept going downhill:
Now PT takes several minutes just to boot up AND shut down.
I cant Press Play
When i try to adjust Buffer Size it doesnt even show me the little drop menu for changing buffer size in the "Playback Engine" dialog box (Enable Dynamic Plugin is checked).

Downloading the latest PT 11.3.1 does not solve the problem. (despite claims that it does).
Never even installed any plugins - using just the stock ones that come with PT (didnt even download the free AIR ones after Formatting my computer)

Tried doing a "Clean" uninstall (manually deleting all Avid folders), and then reinstall PT from my original CD (no funky downloads or anything). No Luck.

Im at a loss. I really like the PT interface, but these kinds of things are really driving people away from Avid - which is a real shame.
PLEASE, does anyone know how to solve this problem? i need to get back to work.
Thanks and have a great day.
Jesse.

Specifications:
Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
6GB RAM 64-bit running Window 7 Home Premium
Pro Tools 11.3.1
PreSonus AudioBox 44vsl USB