Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 AM

Question Waiting sync point

Hi ,

I've tried to sync my PT (8) as a slave to the MPC 4000 ( as nicely described by DigiTechSupt ) but Pro tools comes up with a message " Waiting sync point ". I did it a few time to make sure it wasn't me doing something wrong and still is the same message popping up..I also tried song mode but it doesn't work either

It works when using Pro tools as master ( MTC or Midi clock ) though.

If anyone has an idea....

cheers
Old 09-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Waiting sync point

Hi - I've had the same problem . Syncing an MPC4000 (Master) to PT8 (Slave) . All settings seem correct on both the MPC and PT - my midi interface is definitely seeing MTC from the MPC. When you play from the MPC and PT is online (sync) it just hangs on 'Waiting for Sync Point' at the bottom of the PT page , where you see the sync status . . .

Anybody else?

Thanks .
Old 09-28-2009, 09:10 AM

Hey - Beatriz , my genius engineer just discovered the problem . . If you go to Setup > Session , you'll see a whole list of syncing options . We found that when we had the waiting for sync point problem , it was because there was an offset of 1hour on PT. If you put the offset back to 0.0000 the problem goes away . This is obviously a PT 8 bug?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserTSmith View Post
Hey - Beatriz , my genius engineer just discovered the problem . . If you go to Setup > Session , you'll see a whole list of syncing options . We found that when we had the waiting for sync point problem , it was because there was an offset of 1hour on PT. If you put the offset back to 0.0000 the problem goes away . This is obviously a PT 8 bug?
Where did you put this 'offset' exactly? What was the name of the field? Are you sure you didn't just change the Session Start Time?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 AM

actually on my Pt the offset is to 0.00 but it now works , I just had to turn the SMPTE option in the MPC 4000 Sync menu on .. it's weird because I thought SMPTE was only send through the SMPTE output board. I've only got the Midi coming out ..
I guess if all sync options are turned on it works !! Still have to make sure it loops properly because when using PT as master it gets unsynced once it first loops.. I 'll keep posting though . Thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 PM

to FraserTSmith

Thank at your genius engineer it's work !

see ya