Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 08:35 AM

Default Sync Points: Moving regions according to

The manual describes moving regions so that a sync point within that region lines up with an edit cursor location, (p.352 PT5.0; p.490 PT 5.1). The method prescribed is: select sync point (locate cursor,edit> identify sync point), place cursor in location to which the previously selected sync point is to move (Option+Control drag region).

My following these steps repeatedly results in the following: The start of the region, not the sync point within that region, moves to the cursor location. The manual describes that Control-drag would do exactly this; not Option+Control-drag. What's wrong?

We are running 5.01 software with OS9.04.

Thanks,

John Caldwell
Old 08-14-2001, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Sync Points: Moving regions according to

Well first I suspect that your not creating a sync point. When Digi says "identify sync point" there talking about the comand not the proses. So get your cursor where you want the sync point to be and press "COMAND + (comma)", a little arrow thing should apear on the botom edge of the region. now put your cursor where you want the region to sync to and COMAND Click the region and it should pop into place.
Old 08-14-2001, 09:09 AM

Thank you, SK. The sync point does create, that is, the "down arrow" does appear at the sync location. I'm obtaining the sync point by placing the cursor within a region, and using Apple+comma, or edit>identify sync point. It's just moving the region according to that sync point which fails.

John
Old 08-14-2001, 09:29 AM

A quick test gives me the same result as Mount Royal....hmmmm
-p
Old 08-14-2001, 10:54 AM

What you want is not possible. I aready posted a tread on this some time ago, and also reported it to digi, but no response. It would be so an important feature, moreover for work with filmsoundfiles. You go to a position, and then you want to have the syncpoint of a region at this position. At the moment a nightmare.

D.
Old 08-14-2001, 01:00 PM

Rob Macomber is correct. The test works at my place without trouble, it appears. The Pro Tools manuals appear to have misprinted:

To allign a sync point to the cursor point it is Shift+Control click, in the slip mode. It is not, as stated in the manual, Option+Control click.

Many thanks to Rob Macomber. Cheers.

John Caldwell
Old 08-15-2001, 12:33 AM

Ok....this cool feature works in slip mode. You can immediately 'spot' a beginning or end of a region to the current cursor location in slip mode.

1- Control + click on the region with the grabber tool to move the BEGINNING of the region to the current cursor location.

2- Control + command ( apple )+ click on the region with the grabber tool to move the END of the region to the current cursor location.

3- Control + Shift + click on the region with the grabber tool to move the region with the SYNC POINT to the current cursor location.

My pleasure

Rob
Old 08-15-2001, 12:36 AM

Control + Shift + click with the grabber tool ( in slip mode ) on a region with a sync point.....aligns that region's sync point to the current cursor location. to make things clearer.

R