Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-29-2021, 03:10 AM

Default Feature Request: "Location" Setup templates

Hi,

Sorry if this idea has already been hatched.

I'd like a startup option to display my location(s) i.e
"On the bus" has hardware, I/O and project settings saved as my choice like
Output: Headphone
Input: Headphone
Template: Custom 1
MIDI I/O: Disabled

And "Studio" with main audio card as I/O, Komplete Kontrol Keyboard and Maschine MKIII Active, template_ Full song with X inputs and X aux etc.

Or is this already available? I have had a gap between 8.0.5 and PT 2020.

Regards
Mathias
Sweden
Old 04-29-2021, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Feature Request: "Location" Setup templates

I have all my Templates in a Folder named Personal. When the Dashboard comes up I go to Create and there are all my Templates, as that Folder is the one last opened. When first using Save As Template, be sure to check "Select location for template". Not necessary for subsequently saving changes to the same Template or if you have already saved another Template to that Folder if you keep them all in the same Folder as the default is the last Folder used. If you have a Sub-Folder(s) in your Template Folder, they will all appear in the Dashboard List (not in the Sub-Folder), but, to Save or Resave to a Sub-Folder, you will have to "Select location for template".

Not sure about Mac, but on Windows, the Session Templates are in Documents>Pro Tools and in Programs>Avid>Factory Content. If all the Templates in each location have the same name, that should be okay, but if you delete one in Documents, it will reappear when you start Pro Tools again because it was not deleted from Factory Content. To be safe, any changes I make to a Template, I copy it to Factory Content, first deleting or overwriting the one there.

HTH
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction