Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2000, 04:29 AM

Default Unable to create DAE deck!

About 2 weeks ago I installed the new DAE. For some reason it seemed to be acting flaky so I put the old one back in. Bad idea...got the "Unable to create DAE deck" bad news on PT boot up.

So, on advice from the retailer, I (get this) pulled out the 001 PCI card, re-installed all system softwre, left the card out of the computer for an hour(!), put the card back in a DIFFERENT slot in the G4-350, started up, shut down, swapped card back to original slot, started up, re-installed PT and voila all better! It worked great for a day.

Same problem again. I repeated above steps and it worked again! For a few days this time (this is all with the original 5.0 DAE), then same prob again...
So this time I just shutdown for 2 mins & started up and hey...THAT fixed it too.

So I'm working away, recording, editing having a lot of fun with this great system...but every few days I have this same problem and today I'm ****** off because shutting down and waiting and starting up aint workin!!

Tech Supp suggestions????

G4-350
192Mg Ram
(and was working great for 4 weeks prior)
Old 03-24-2000, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Unable to create DAE deck!

[I know your problem well. The same thing happened to me. I seemed to be the first on with that problem. I did everything you did but I could not get my system started again. I never found out what the problem was, I had my card exchanged. I know one fact, my computer did not see the card. When you get can't create DAE deck, it means the card is not being read. I wish there was a way I could help you, but honestly I don't know what the problem is. I have yet to give my new card the test of use. (been too busy) If I get any answers I will let you know. Just one thing this may help. Is the outlet you are pluged into grounded? I moved my set up to another outlet so it could be that. Also when you get can't create DAE deck does the green light come on the Digi O/I box? I would call tech support on this one. My old card digi tested and said it was fine. I don't know maybe this is a bug they don't know about yet. Ok Digi what is your answer, now I am not the only one that has had this problem. I think this is something you guys must research. I can now say I was the first but not the last!
QUOTE]Originally posted by MichaelMacken:
About 2 weeks ago I installed the new DAE. For some reason it seemed to be acting flaky so I put the old one back in. Bad idea...got the "Unable to create DAE deck" bad news on PT boot up.

So, on advice from the retailer, I (get this) pulled out the 001 PCI card, re-installed all system softwre, left the card out of the computer for an hour(!), put the card back in a DIFFERENT slot in the G4-350, started up, shut down, swapped card back to original slot, started up, re-installed PT and voila all better! It worked great for a day.

Same problem again. I repeated above steps and it worked again! For a few days this time (this is all with the original 5.0 DAE), then same prob again...
So this time I just shutdown for 2 mins & started up and hey...THAT fixed it too.

So I'm working away, recording, editing having a lot of fun with this great system...but every few days I have this same problem and today I'm ****** off because shutting down and waiting and starting up aint workin!!

Tech Supp suggestions????

G4-350
192Mg Ram
(and was working great for 4 weeks prior)
[/QUOTE]

Old 03-24-2000, 04:30 PM

Also I forgot to add, I did not install the DAE upgrade so I don't beleave it is the software. Did you did connect the O/I box, because my problem started when I disconected the O/I box to place the rubber feet on the bottom. Tech support told me I may have unseated the card in the computer when I did that. I don't know about that I reseated the card about 100 times and tried each pci slot. Ok keep me informed if you find anything.

Old 03-25-2000, 12:39 AM

Thanks toecat, nice to hear I'm not the only one!
Old 03-27-2000, 10:25 PM

The latest suggestion from the techs here was change slots & hit the internal reset button, a tiny little silver disc near the purple PRam battery. Seemed to make a difference for a couple of days, but now back to problem-land again. Also, I have a few partitions on my hard drive, & 2 different system folders, one for PT & one for internet etc. Seemed if I booted up on the internet one, then restarted into the PT one it would cause the prob, but not if I shutdown for a few seconds. Well, that theory was holding, but is no more. Just booted straight up into the "pt" system folder and get the error message (and can't run PT obviously).
Boring!

(hello.....digi???)
Old 03-30-2000, 07:40 PM

Hello Digidesign,
Do you have an answer for this? I am now not the only one whom has had this problem even if it is a rare one. In fact I don't know about Michael, but I still would like an answer to this. So what is the story?