Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2012, 11:25 AM

Red face Never got it to work right

Hey guys, I have an Avid tech trying to figure this out, but wanted to get some input from you guys.
10.0.1 made things MUCH more stable, but one thing is still slowing my workflow...
Whenever I restart, the first time I open a mix session (lots of plugs) protools will hang and freeze, then I have to force quit. A good tell is that after it opens the session, the CPU meter doesn't move... (stays at 0%)
We think it's a clash between UAD2 plugs and Waves plugs, but not sure how to solve it. I've done clean installs, removed plugs, repaired, trashed, you name it. The Avid guy is about to give up, but I need to keep working. (all my plugs are updated to the latest drivers, and my MacPro is configured to Avid's specs. We've also eliminated bad ram, and bad Mac)
Anyone? Any input would be appreciated.

HD Native * PT 2018.12 * OS X 10.13.6 * MacPro 12 Core * 2.4GHz 24GB Ram * 2XUAD2 Octo * Waves Platinum * Lexicon PCM Native Bundle * Sound Toys Bundle* AutoTune8 * NI Komplete11 * BFD3 * Synthogy Ivory II* Vienna Ensemble Pro * Spectrasonics * Slate trigger2 *xFer records * Softube * Vienna Ensemble * DMG Expurgate * Massey DRT2 *
iPad Air/Avid control * EuCon 18.3.0.217 *
Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Never got it to work right

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys, I have an Avid tech trying to figure this out, but wanted to get some input from you guys.
10.0.1 made things MUCH more stable, but one thing is still slowing my workflow...
Whenever I restart, the first time I open a mix session (lots of plugs) protools will hang and freeze, then I have to force quit. A good tell is that after it opens the session, the CPU meter doesn't move... (stays at 0%)
We think it's a clash between UAD2 plugs and Waves plugs, but not sure how to solve it. I've done clean installs, removed plugs, repaired, trashed, you name it. The Avid guy is about to give up, but I need to keep working. (all my plugs are updated to the latest drivers, and my MacPro is configured to Avid's specs. We've also eliminated bad ram, and bad Mac)
Anyone? Any input would be appreciated.
Hi,

I've got all Waves and most UAD2 plugs and don't get this issue!!

More likely some other plug?

If you have a repeatable scenario then try removing all plugs except waves and test to see if it still happens? Then introduce plugs a few at a time back not the plugs folder.

chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.