Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Default WordClock... Opinions Please

Folks:

Random pops happening when the 003R is recording, playing back or standing by when 003R is connected to external Adat devices. I have tried all options and configurations and gotten it to be minimized but not gone entirely... so I am starting to think there may be some engineering in the 003 clock section interface which is causing this and which cannot be fixed without going to an external clock source.

So please weigh in if you have an opinion or have run an 003R with other devices using an external word clock in your studio...

Here is a link to an article on using external word clocks

here two possible candidates...

http://www.blacklionaudio.com/microclock.html

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/bigben.php
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: WordClock... Opinions Please

Which version of Pro Tools are you running? There's a fix for this specific issue in the latest CS release for 7.4 - you should download and install it and see if your problems still occur.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a shot. I am running 7.4 and installed it about 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Which version of Pro Tools are you running? There's a fix for this specific issue in the latest CS release for 7.4 - you should download and install it and see if your problems still occur.
Ok, I am looking to find the update that has the fix for my 7.4 code. I found the below info on the 7.4 download page in the cs3 update (latest is cs4 but doesn't list a specific fix for this problem), Is this it? Or is there a fix somewhere else on the site (if so, please post link)? This fix seems to mention the onboard inputs 4-8, nothing about adat inputs from external devices...thanks

Fixes Included from Pro Tools LE 7.4cs3

Fixed: When Monitoring All Inputs on 003 Factory, Random Pops and Clicks Could Occur on Inputs 4-8 (Item #101084)
Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I am looking to find the update that has the fix for my 7.4 code. I found the below info on the 7.4 download page in the cs3 update (latest is cs4 but doesn't list a specific fix for this problem), Is this it? Or is there a fix somewhere else on the site (if so, please post link)? This fix seems to mention the onboard inputs 4-8, nothing about adat inputs from external devices...thanks

Fixed: When Monitoring All Inputs on 003 Factory, Random Pops and Clicks Could Occur on Inputs 4-8 (Item #101084)
Yes, that's it. CS4 includes all fixes from previous CS versions.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Yes, that's it. CS4 includes all fixes from previous CS versions.
Ok, that seems to have been the problem. I downloaded the cs4 update which then pulled in the firmware update... ran some tracks and it seems very solid now <<insert hallelujah chorus here>>..
I'm optimistic that this annoying problem is fixed....
Thanks very much