Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Color coding options for MIDI Editor

I just check the reference guide. By shift clicking tracks to be pencil enabled in the midi track list of the MIDI editor, although you can do that, it says notes will be inserted on that space of all pencil enabled tracks. This is unwanted. Please help.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
I just check the reference guide. By shift clicking tracks to be pencil enabled in the midi track list of the MIDI editor, although you can do that, it says notes will be inserted on that space of all pencil enabled tracks. This is unwanted. Please help.
It is very simple, Pencil enabled track(s) enable note insertion.

filosofem
Old 01-29-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
It is very simple, Pencil enabled track(s) enable note insertion.

filosofem
You have not answered the question at all. If there are 2 penciled enabled tracks, an insertion at C1 will insert notes on both of those tracks. I have explained the reason why this is unwanted in a color-mapped drum kit. You have not explained how to avoid this issue.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:09 PM

I know children that get disciplined for an attitude like yours obviously you still have not learnt.

filosofem
Old 01-29-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post

as for the previous member's response before yours... i don't get it... is he on drugs or something? and apparently he does not fully agree with you, as he has presented other ways of setting the tracks in order to pull off what i request.

I hope the ability of the pro tools 8 MIDI editor can be clarified by someone before I commit to it.
Not everyone always agrees with all advice offered here...true. If you happen to 'commit' to PT8 and someday you learn what you need to know, then maybe you can offer advice on this forum. I'll bet you won't always get it right and perfect everytime.

It's a good thing to be offered more than one direction of doing things in ProTools. It's rotten to suggest that someone (more PT8 knowledgeable) who is trying to offer help to you is on drugs.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
I know children that get disciplined for an attitude like yours obviously you still have not learnt.

filosofem
What attitude? Show me where I have given you attitude? There was not a shred of attitude in my response. I gave you a response devoid of any emotion or feeling whatsoever. I simply stuck to the facts and indicated that your response was not relevant to the issue at hand. But I was always appreciative of your efforts to help and this should have been apparent as mutual even if not expressed.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalavtech View Post
Not everyone always agrees with all advice offered here...true. If you happen to 'commit' to PT8 and someday you learn what you need to know, then maybe you can offer advice on this forum. I'll bet you won't always get it right and perfect everytime.
This is simply not relevant to the issue at hand and you are missing what I am getting at. I simply am trying to find out if I can do certain things BEFORE i decide to buy PT8! It is more rational to know the features before buying something than to buy something and find out the features are not there.

Quote:
It's a good thing to be offered more than one direction of doing things in ProTools. It's rotten to suggest that someone (more PT8 knowledgeable) who is trying to offer help to you is on drugs.
That is absolutely not why I indicated that other member was on drugs. You are not reading things carefully. And regardless, in this day and age, everything that is posted on the internet is not even taken seriously (nor should it be) except by a few people who are a bit too sensitive to the medium.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:58 AM

RTFM. You have wasted enough of my time.

filosofem
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM

i did. i even referenced the reference guide. and still no luck for at least finding an option for shortcuts to jump to different tracks to be targeted for pencil mode. only clicking. and i was deceived into believing that all pro tools functions can be done with shortcuts. good thing i didnt buy it yet.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 PM

Mate we only just got an editor that sort of competes with the rest. If you want programmable actions and micros go to Reaper. Unfortunately we can not have the best of both worlds.

filosofem