Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Expand tracks findings in 7.4

Hi,

"Match" tracks not working in PT7.4. Try this to reproduce:

BWAV (24bit 48k) recorded on a Deva IV. Meta-data contains the following:

-Tape Nr.
-Scene and take number
-Track names all labeled

etc. etc.

File is imported into a AVID (Avid 2.75 Adrelaline, DNXcel) and edited as usual. Then the original avid audio-media (.mxf) is copied to the PT7.4 system plus an AAF referenced to those files.
AAF opens up fine in 7.4 and links fine to the .mxf media.
Lets pretend the editor only used track one for editing and I want to find and match the rest of the up to 8 tracks per clip.

I import the original deva BWAV into the same session. PT shows all the info in the browser fine after import. I can see both the .mxf and .wav sitting side by side in the project-browser. Both contain the INDENTICAL original TC, scene and take numbers, sound-roll info etc. etc.

However, PT7.4 will NOT match the original BWAVs to the clips in the time-line.

Why is this? Isn´t this the way it should work?

I´ve asked this before in an older thread. Can someone from Digi share some info about what fields in the browser have to match to make this work, please? This would at least help me to find a work-around till it works in a (hopefully near) future version.

Thanks!

Frank.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:14 PM
The Cargo Cult

Default Re: Expand tracks findings in 7.4

frank,
what happens if you save a session copy as BWF files?
I wonder if digi have had the foresight to copy the MXF metadata to BWF bext fields.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
frank,
I wonder if digi have had the foresight to copy the MXF metadata to BWF bext fields.
I´ll see if that works. However, I do see all the meta-info in my project browser in both the AVID .mxf media and the BWAVs I imported so I I don´t quite see why this would improve things. But I´ll try.

frank.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:
frank,
It doesn´t make a difference.

I´m using a work-around now. Instead of importing the original BWAVs I´m adding all other avid audio-media to my edit session. With the avid-media matching seems to work.

The down-side is that importing MXF seems to be buggy (see my other thread from today) wich makes import of large amounts of mxf media a VERY time-consuming process.

frank.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:06 AM

Ok, so now I get an "unable to parse audio file" message from PT when right-clicking on a region. Unfortunately PT doesn´t just skip that file and continues to look for matches it just stops after you "OK" the message.
The weirdest thing is that the file PT indicated isn´t even registered with the session. It´s on the drive but is not in my session.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

frank.

P.S: Yes, i get this message again even after deleting the DB again and re-opening the session.