Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 05:50 AM

Default Changing audio paths in LE

hi, i've just got a CD from my mates studio to mix and master in my own studo.

however, after the session, files, and folders have been put on my HD, the session still searches for the audio path as of my mates computer setup.

this although the new "session home" on my comp have all the correct folders in it.

ie

mates path: HD/something/sessionfolder

my path: AUDIO/band/something/sessionfolder

i can successfully open the audiofiles by import audio, but i of course ned the info in the session file to launch the different audiofiles, adjustments, plugz etc. etc.

any ideas (or links to answers of similar postings?)

thnx!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Changing audio paths in LE

Oncw you direct Pro Tools to a correct audio file, the app should figure out the rest and find the remaining files in the same folder.
Have you opened up a session and directed Pro Tools to a correct path?
IF so, didnt Pro Tools then find the rest?
Old 08-06-2002, 07:45 AM

hi!

if i open up the session, PT's stops at the first audiofile and asks me to locate it. it' salready located in the same directory, but when i click it - PT says the file's got to few samples or something. that goes for all the soundfiles, if i choose SKIP or SKIP ALL the session, of course, comes up without any files at all.

ie

PT stops before loading, lets say, kick_02. if i manually locate that file (cuz it's in the folder), i get the above message...

i can however bring up the files by the IMPORT AUDIO function..

the session i'm currently on is an extract from a session that originally held 8 songs in the same session. it was resaved efter chucking out the other 7 songs. can that be the problem?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:48 AM

hello, what i always do when i transfer a song from a computer to another is:
remove every other file which aren't needed anymore and use the save copy command with all files. all the files used in the session are written in a new subfolder, named save copy session..... i burn that subfolder to a cd and open it in the other computer. it worked always untill now (knock, knock). i use mac, idon't know if this makes a difference.
maybe you can try it this way.
greetings, tantejo.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:09 AM

sounds like you lost the actuall files. Saving a session is ALWAYS best served by using the "save copy..." command.
When you record several songs in one session you are asking for trouble. Unless you completely understand how the file management works, you almost always get the sessions confused.

If you have the original drive available. I would re-save the session.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:41 AM

yep, it seems like the nut saving the files didn't know about how to collect the files properly for burning...

thnx anyway!