How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2023, 06:39 PM

Default No sound via Instrument Track - Help requested

Hey Pro Tools community,

I'm trying to connect an Axiom Air 49 Midi controller keyboard into protools in order to play some virtual instruments. Right now I can see that the keyboard is getting read by protools because it shows the chord shape in the "transport/Output meters" window. I.e. is will show an Am, B, C Gsus4 etc. depending on the keys I press.

What is isn't doing right now is making any sound.

The Axiom will connect and play with virtual plugins outside of pro tools correctly. When in Pro Tools, I have an Instrument track set up with an Output going to my focusrite (as usually with other tracks). There is no input. Within the inserts I added the virtual machine and at the top of the track instrument track column (where it says instrument again) I have added the "axiom air 49" and "axiom air 49 - channel 1" options. When I hit the keys I can see that the volume meter bar is lighting up green. Still, I cannot hear anything despite having the record enable On. I can see that the midi information is getting recorded on the track, but still no sound.

Am I making a mistake within the plugin? Help appreciated ~
Thanks Pro Tools Community,
~ Ojo
Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E5 @ 3GHz
Memory: 64 GB
Old 05-09-2023, 06:43 PM

Default Re: No sound via Instrument Track - Help requested

I figured this out.... posted a minute to soon for help. Needed to set the axiom air 49 input at the top, and the Plugin choice below it, not axiom air 49 twice.
Processor: Intel Xeon CPU E5 @ 3GHz
Memory: 64 GB