Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-25-2013, 05:01 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 on Mavericks Graphics/Retina issue

Hi all,

I was just wondering if AVID have any intentions of supporting Pro Tools 10 with Mavericks.

Today, I installed Pro Tools 10 on Mavericks (from the Pro Tools 11 bundle) and everything went fine. However, when I loaded it up, I noticed that it's graphics weren't as smooth as on Pro Tools 11.

I know that Pro Tools 11 probably has more responsive meters and retina support for more components, but if this could be replicated for Pro Tools 10, that would be fantastic, as it is very annoying.

Some third party other applications has this problem, but I updated to their latest version (a quick download) and everything worked perfectly and looked very smoothly, the way Pro Tools 11 looks like on Mavericks.

I suppose this goes back to Pro Tools 10 and 11 co-install being supported on Mavericks.

Let me know if anyone else here feels this way.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 on Mavericks Graphics/Retina issue

Pt 10 coinstall is not recommended per Avids site on mavericks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Yes, that's true.

But what I'm asking is for AVID to support the co-install at least for Mavericks, or at least fix the graphics issue with 10.3.7 on Mavericks.

Hopefully this will be included in their next update of Pro Tools 11 or maybe 10 for Mavericks?

Brian
Old 11-29-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brytestar View Post
Yes, that's true.

But what I'm asking is for AVID to support the co-install at least for Mavericks, or at least fix the graphics issue with 10.3.7 on Mavericks.

Hopefully this will be included in their next update of Pro Tools 11 or maybe 10 for Mavericks?

Brian
I have heard from a pro tools rep, not sure how true this is, that they don't intend to do anything with 10 in maverick, as far as they are concern 10 is outdated, now if this is true then it's time for me to go with another DAW because I am tired of paying for software that is good for a year and then I have to spend another couple or more hundred t keep up with avid,it's just not right for the people who are loyal pro tools users, if you notice they put out support for 11 not 10, hint hint.
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:53 AM

I agree entirely. I think there should be initial support for the co-install of PT10 with PT11 - even from a graphics point of view. Updating the graphics to suit and run smoothly on Mavericks. I understand PT11 and 64 bit architecture programs are the future, but I think the transition should be much smoother and I don't think it would take much, relatively, for AVID to support at least PT10 on Mavericks and stop after that.

Logic have an update of 9.1.8 downloadable from their site and Logic Pro 9 works perfectly on Mavericks. I understand that Apple make both, but AVID, for me were always Number 1 in the DAW Market.

I hope there are other users out there who feel the same!
Please support PT10 coinstall with 11 AVID!

Thanks,
Brian
Old 12-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Amazingly, EVERY PROFESSIONAL engineer, producer or studio I know, hasn't switched to PT11. As a professional myself running two HD Native systems at our studio, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I would be astonished if they didn't update 10 for Mavericks support.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Amazingly, EVERY PROFESSIONAL engineer, producer or studio I know, hasn't switched to PT11. As a professional myself running two HD Native systems at our studio, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I would be astonished if they didn't update 10 for Mavericks support.
I am on 10 right now and I have never had to do disk permission repair so much in the many years I have been using mac computers and it all started when I installed 10.3.7
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.