Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2014, 12:38 AM

Default Re: No updates.Pure Stagnation.

Its digital dude,its digital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnSTL View Post
Curious - what bugs?

I'll 2nd several comments put forward: Yes the 11R is no longer being developed but wow, it freaking rocks at what it does.

I have an Axe FX II and I prefer the basic amps tones of the 11R, and I generally prefer the overall simplicity as well. I'm going to sell the Axe, sure it has a vibrant user community and the Axe software is being actively developed but - when I play I want the sound of a 50w Plexi, or AC30 or Soldano - and that doesn't really change. The Orange box nails those tones for me.

[shrug] I wish Avid hadn't abandoned it but it still is crazy awesome and an insane value for ~$350. Guitar players can be weird in so many ways, on the one hand we covet old [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] that was designed for say a PA (Original Marshalls) and we'll go crazy hunting them down and pay exorbitant sums for one, but on the other hand - we complain if we don't get regular updates to an inexpensive device that provides a huge range of tonal options.

Just sayin' -
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM

I will not change my 11R for any plugins or any modeller. Sounds good, has enough amps and effects for my needs and super easy to use live and in the studio.

Need more? There's an effect loop for that
Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybite View Post

I'm bored and fed up with the antiquated Eleven Rack and will be selling it to move on.
I don't really understand why someone (assuming no ulterior motive) who is so bored feels the need to make a public announcement about being so. Frankly, seeing it done just makes me yawn!

Life's too short to be bored, find what spins your crank, pack up n move on dude.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 09-02-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I'm bored and fed up with the antiquated Eleven Rack and will be selling it to move on.
Since 11R is such an antiquated product it has almost no value! I'll buy yours for cheap ;-)
Old 09-03-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Its digital dude,its digital.
...aaannnnnd that's a bug?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnSTL View Post
Curious - what bugs?
The bugs are well documented on this forum. Among them are the MIDI CC menu scroll/hang, Dyn3 Compressor and the Bogner bright switch bugs. Those are the ones I remember off the top. Avid has confirmed that these bugs exist, dating all the way back to 2011 -

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=312333
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=312119

Note that all Avid personnel that have taken part in conversation on this forum over the past few years (Chris T, theChimp, Max G, Hiro) are no longer affiliated with Avid...or if they are they're keeping a low profile on these forums.

I'll say this much about my 11r; I do love the sounds I get out of it. Despite the bugs, nagging issues and wasted potential, I still use mine all the time as a pro solution for guitar tones and recording in general. The sound quality is more than competent and the workflow is second to none, IMO.

That said, I really resent Avid for dropping the ball. Before the 11r team was dismantled there was some great open and honest communication with the developers about future development potential that could really expand the possibilities with 11r. Some of the grunt work had already been mostly done; models of amps, user IR's, etc had already been developed but held back by Avid for whatever reason.

Had they fixed up the bugs and released even just ONE more expansion pack addressing some of the biggest requests and easier additions, I believe Avid would have won over a very large number of new customers that would loudly sing their praises all over internet forums, youtube, etc. Instead Avid has fostered much resentment from current users and questions regarding quality, longevity, and commitment to the product from potential new customers.

This is not meant to be a slam on Avid. I use ProTools every single day at work and have gotten nothing but compliments on my sounds any time I use my Eleven Rack.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:51 PM

It's interesting having spent a little time away from Avid and catching up on what I've missed if you will and a couple of surprising observations regarding Eleven Rack is it's omission from Pro Tools software - Eleven Rack UI but also it's rig embedding capabilities not being ported over to the standalone 11R editor. The Eleven Rack has more or less become essentially a standalone product expelled from the very product it once marketed itself with - Pro Tools. Perhaps those dots can be drawn or perhaps that's drawing a long bow. Personally I like Eleven Rack's exclusion of Pro Tools, just play it, record it and be done with it. Let Pro Tools do what's it best at doing, recording audio.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
It's interesting having spent a little time away from Avid and catching up on what I've missed if you will and a couple of surprising observations regarding Eleven Rack is it's omission from Pro Tools software - Eleven Rack UI but also it's rig embedding capabilities not being ported over to the standalone 11R editor. The Eleven Rack has more or less become essentially a standalone product expelled from the very product it once marketed itself with - Pro Tools. Perhaps those dots can be drawn or perhaps that's drawing a long bow. Personally I like Eleven Rack's exclusion of Pro Tools, just play it, record it and be done with it. Let Pro Tools do what's it best at doing, recording audio.
Just so new users are not confused -

It's true that the embedded rigs were removed from the Standalone Editor, but that was because it would not make sense from a programming and usability standpoint to included them in the Standalone Editor.

However, you can still embed rigs in Pro Tools. The "Embed Rigs From" has been moved from the Eleven Rack Editor to the I/O in Pro Tools 11.

If you are still using Pro Tools 10 and lower, you can use the integrated Editor and choose the embed setting as you normally have.

I have videos covering this on YouTube.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
It's true that the embedded rigs were removed from the Standalone Editor, but that was because it would not make sense from a programming and usability standpoint to included them in the Standalone Editor.

However, you can still embed rigs in Pro Tools. The "Embed Rigs From" has been moved from the Eleven Rack Editor to the I/O in Pro Tools 11.
The Eleven Rack must have USB connectivity however, correct?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
The Eleven Rack must have USB connectivity however, correct?
Yes.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio