Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Question HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Anybody upgrade?

I would like to hear hows it's performing.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:38 PM

Default Re: HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Pro Tools HD 10 with HD Native runs very well.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:42 PM

What upgrade path did you chose?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:02 PM

PTHD9 Upgrade path.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up Re: HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Well I just upgraded and let me tell you I will not be going back to 9HD. What a difference! I'm running my projects @ a 32 sample buffer and it is much more stable allowing for way more track count. It feels like I'm on all hardware (snappy) if you know what I mean. Disk cache is awesome! I have 24GB 1600MHZ ram and I have disk cache set to 16GB leaving 8GB for the rest of Pro Tools and windows 7. Although I may not agree with the upgrade process, I must say Pro Tools 10HD is no doubt the best DAW out there now. You will not be disappointed. Everthing just seams to work better in HD10. Plugins and all. All my optimizations and settings are the same, just upgraded. My system ran very well on HD9 but perfomance and features wise on HD10 is definitely a big step forward. Now I'm looking forward to HD11. All I can say is wow! I'm blown away! This is the system I've been waiting for. A Pro Tools system that exceeds all my expectations and let me tell you, my expectations are very high. Good job Avid!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Well I just upgraded and let me tell you I will not be going back to 9HD. What a difference! I'm running my projects @ a 32 sample buffer and it is much more stable allowing for way more track count. It feels like I'm on all hardware (snappy) if you know what I mean. Disk cache is awesome! I have 24GB 1600MHZ ram and I have disk cache set to 16GB leaving 8GB for the rest of Pro Tools and windows 7. Although I may not agree with the upgrade process, I must say Pro Tools 10HD is no doubt the best DAW out there now. You will not be disappointed. Everthing just seams to work better in HD 10. Plugins and all. All my optimizations and settings are the same, just upgraded. My system ran very well on HD9 but perfomance and features wise, it's definitely a big step forward. Now I'm looking forward to HD11. All I can say is wow! I'm blown away! This is the system I've been waiting for. A Pro Tools system that exceeds all my expectations and let me tell you, my expectations are very high. Good job Avid!
Great news!! I just downloaded my PT10HD for my MacProTower. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-04-2011, 03:51 AM

Hi Guys

Here it's also going nice ..
The only issues I found is using max delay compensation while working on 32 sample buffor..It seems that CPU has some more problem with this setup and some 90xx errors are jumping out..

Also sometimes (not always ?!?!) when I record with 32 samples buffor while recording one track with quick punch(playing back whole session packed with plugins and VIs..), some wierd latency issue happens (like 50ms delay, while recording is engaging)..
But it used to happen also on my TDM PTHD2 system before ...so maybe it's some uncompatibile plugin related ?

Third thing,while using Rewire with my Halion3 sampler..
Works ok in session..but when I try to quit Pro Tools, it is always crashing..

Otherwise it's nice software and big pleasure to work with..

Greeting,
jacek
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 11-04-2011, 03:56 AM

Question Re: HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpollack View Post
Hi Guys

Here it's also going nice ..
The only issues I found is using max delay compensation while working on 32 sample buffor..It seems that CPU has some more problem with this setup and some 90xx errors are jumping out..

Also sometimes (not always ?!?!) when I record with 32 samples buffor while recording one track with quick punch(playing back whole session packed with plugins and VIs..), some wierd latency issue happens (like 50ms delay, while recording is engaging)..
But it used to happen also on my TDM PTHD2 system before ...so maybe it's some uncompatibile plugin related ?

Third thing,while using Rewire with my Halion3 sampler..
Works ok in session..but when I try to quit Pro Tools, it is always crashing..

Otherwise it's nice software and big pleasure to work with..

Greeting,
jacek
Is your i7 CPU still overclocked @ 5GHZ? Are you using intel CPU turbo boost
technology If your are, try clocking CPU at Fixed standard speed no overclock and turn off intel turbo boost in the MOB bios and see how it performs.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 AM

Went to the Parsons Expo in Dedham yesterday, saw a Demo of ProTools10HD

They had a 17" MacBook Pro with an I7 CPU running a Native card in a micro Magma chassis, into an Avid Omni

Running a session with 30+ tracks loaded with plugs and video, streaming off a thumb drive. Then he loaded the session into Ram, and it was even snappier
Pretty Impressive