Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 PM

Question Cursor Keeps Jumping To Start Of Session

I started a new session; currently I only have two tracks of audio recorded. At first, I was able to punch in and out like normal, and when I needed to move audio around, everything worked smoothly. HOWEVER, lately whenever I use the selector tool to place the cursor anywhere in the timeline to make an edit selection, when I press play the cursor jumps to the beginning of the session. What gives?

I am not in command focus mode. I have toggled "link timeline and edit selection". I have gone as far as trashing my preferences, all to no avail. What am I doing wrong....what have I missed?

I am running version 7.4 with an original Mbox for my interface. I have a 2.0Ghz dual core iMac with 4GB of RAM (I have one of the cores disabled). The OS is Leopard. I record to an external 7200rpm firewire drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I cannot audition anything when the cursor is behaving like this.

The Kid
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Cursor Keeps Jumping To Start Of Session

I seem to solved my own problem. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, I had pre/post roll checked in the "options" menu. Once I unchecked that, all seems to be working correctly once again.

The Kid
Old 05-19-2021, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Cursor Keeps Jumping To Start Of Session

Thanks man.