Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2021, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Bought 2 of these Stream decks and they are Grrrreat!

I just bought two of them for our studios..

But it seems there are big issues with PT under windows and keyboard shortcuts that come from software

Every other piece of software works like a charm with streamdeck... why AVID why?
Old 05-17-2021, 06:23 AM

Any idea if you are able to program buttons to show Pro Tools automation lanes/windows to open in Edit window? (rather than using mouse to open the pedal sustain lane/window for example)
Old 05-17-2021, 07:02 AM

Just curious what these offer compared to customized softkeys with Avid Control/Dock.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Gräber View Post
Just curious what these offer compared to customized softkeys with Avid Control/Dock.
As many pages of buttons as you want with physical buttons. In addition, it can operate with other non-eucon apps and the operating system. There's muscle memory learned with using it too (since they are physical buttons)

I don't look at it as "one or the other" but "both". Stream Deck + Eucon/Dock.
I have SoundMiner and Izotope RX Advanced programmed to the StreamDeck in addition to pulling up Eucontrol, DADman, and notes (if only to pull them into focus so I can use the Dock softkeys.) Still no app switching in Eucontrol/Dock after all.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

I don't look at it as "one or the other" but "both". Stream Deck + Eucon/Dock.
I have SoundMiner and Izotope RX Advanced programmed to the StreamDeck in addition to pulling up Eucontrol, DADman, and notes (if only to pull them into focus so I can use the Dock softkeys.) Still no app switching in Eucontrol/Dock after all.
Are you still loving using the Streamdeck? How well does it work with the DADman stuff? Im thinking about getting one of the new Stream Deck + units with the knobs to fill in for a lonnnnnng back ordered DADMOM controller.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtone View Post
Are you still loving using the Streamdeck? How well does it work with the DADman stuff? Im thinking about getting one of the new Stream Deck + units with the knobs to fill in for a lonnnnnng back ordered DADMOM controller.
Still loving the StreamDeck.
I have a StreamDeck + on order to see how it works (won't arrive until first week of Dec.)

DADman integration is great on the StreamDeck thanks to a user here on the DUC (I'll let him volunteer to make himself known if he wishes.) But I don't believe his DADman plugin for StreamDeck is on the public StreamDeck store. But it does everything the DAD MOM controller does (because it emulates it) but better (because you get visual feedback and can name things -- things you can't do on the MOM)
Old 11-28-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Still loving the StreamDeck.
I have a StreamDeck + on order to see how it works (won't arrive until first week of Dec.)

DADman integration is great on the StreamDeck thanks to a user here on the DUC (I'll let him volunteer to make himself known if he wishes.) But I don't believe his DADman plugin for StreamDeck is on the public StreamDeck store. But it does everything the DAD MOM controller does (because it emulates it) but better (because you get visual feedback and can name things -- things you can't do on the MOM)
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Good to know.
I ordered the + and once it arrives will dig deeper into the setup.
I agree with the visual feedback component being a major plus... also price... also availability!
Old 01-10-2023, 05:49 AM

I'm in! Adding Soundflow + Deck to my S3 and Dock. Just wondering about which deck might be best...

the XL has the most buttons, 32, but wondering if it's too many and gets harder to quickly find the right one on the fly compared to the 15 buttons on the smaller decks. OR two of the 15 button decks?

Also are the decks with knobs useful and do the knobs play nicely with Soundflow / Pro Tools (already have all those knobs on the S3 and Dock so maybe redundant)?
Old 02-03-2023, 10:24 PM

I just got the 15 button Stream Deck and it really improves my workflow. Does anyone know of either available icons or profiles specifically for Pro Tools to download?