Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2000, 01:30 AM

Default What!! no timecode ruler

I'm embarrassed to say, that i bought the 001 without ever realizing that protools 5.0 LE, doesn't have a timecode ruler. What makes me even more upset, is that after watching a 1.5 hr video on the 001 sent to me by digi, this wasn't made clear (i think there rather embarrassed about it). It just never occurred to me that there would not be a t/c ruler. I'm not even going to try and explain why there should be one. Nor do i want to here any pathetic excuses why there isn't. I just want digi to do the honorable thing, and add one in version 5.01
Old 05-27-2000, 09:05 AM

Default Re: What!! no timecode ruler

hey, try finding

virtual tracks,

voice off,

plus many other goodies.

all gone.

they gotcha pretty good, didn't they?

oh, did i mention;

if you have pt4.x, you can no longer use it unless you switch dae versions, digi inits, trash prefs, and restart EVERY TIME.

i believe this is intentional.

you are not alone................
Old 05-27-2000, 01:13 PM

Default Re: What!! no timecode ruler

Welcome to the club!

If you do a search back a few months..you will find Digis official response to this.
There are almost 200 posts in the thread..you cant miss it.

rather than beat an old dead horse..Ill just say..read the thread. You are not alone.

Im wondering if the PC release of the 001 will bring back the same issues.

Yes, the Digi marketing advertising is misleading. Its actaully very good for selling the things. Its typical marketing for such products. Yes, you "assumed" that the smpte ruler would be there because
1-it never crossed your mind that it wouldnt' be.
2-you used to have it in an earlier version of PT..and saw no information about it being removed
3-can think of no good reason WHY there shouldn't be one
4-all of the above.

Again, welcome to the club. There are other missing features/tools as well.

Most of us initially assumed it was just something that wasn't implemented in 5 yet..however..Digi posted to confirm it was indeed removed along with the other features and that they knew it would upset some people. You can read the reasons for your self.

Sorry I don't have the thread address but..its either in the 001 forum..or the le forum. Shouldn't be hard to turn up.

dcornutt