Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Re: No new Avid guitar products ar NAMM

We all know that's not going to happen with Chris either! It seems that ElevenHack is going to be the only real future for the 11R, and luckily its author is very eager to help with that!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 PM

X-Mann has posted something at the ElevenRackPresets site which was pretty interesting about the 11R at the following thread it's a fair way in unfortunately:

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=27255&page=all

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 PM

After reading X-Mann's posting (see pg7 of that thread referenced above) it seems that The Chimp as well as other Avid employees here took us all for Chumps!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer27 View Post
After reading X-Mann's posting (see pg7 of that thread referenced above) it seems that The Chimp as well as other Avid employees here took us all for Chumps!
Avid are the chumps if they think that anyone will ever buy another guitar product of them. I loved my 11R for nearly 3 years and would have loved more updates, more importantly bug fixes, but I now know the type of company Avid is after NAMM 2013. They will never see any of my money again.

I let them off last NAMM but not this time. They obviously don't think the guitar community is a big enough market to invest int :-/
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 AM

As the new guy I can honestly say that the sales of Pro Tools (& the 11R) is slipping...When I saw that B&H had it for $639 I went to the local GC as they price match and actually are offering a "150% lower price deal" right now. They didn't have one in stock and would have to order it + with tax, etc I ordered from B&H - the 150% thing is with gift cards...

The salesman in the Pro Audio dept. told me they hardly sell any Pro Tools hardware or software anymore. Everyone is using cheaper stuff (Reaper for one). Avid has to be feeling the pinch. That's why these deals are popping up. They need to lower prices on Pro Tools if they expect to survive as the new guys coming along are opting for cheaper stuff. That's just my 2 cents.

I belong to a bunch of forums - I'm actually a MOD over at guitarampmodeling.com and I could count the Pro Tools users on my 2 hands. It's niche is slipping more and more. Don't get me wrong - I am really enjoying PT and my 11R but most of the "youngsters" are too poor to invest in such a high end DAW and the 11R hardware. Also with the hundreds of FREE amp sims, effects, etc that are VST only they want a DAW that supports VST and not such a proprietary one as PT. Avid finally allowed the use of 3rd party hardware - VST should be next I feel (or as a Mac user - AU too).
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Avid are the chumps if they think that anyone will ever buy another guitar product of them. I loved my 11R for nearly 3 years and would have loved more updates, more importantly bug fixes, but I now know the type of company Avid is after NAMM 2013. They will never see any of my money again.

I let them off last NAMM but not this time. They obviously don't think the guitar community is a big enough market to invest int :-/
+1
Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangedogs View Post
Also with the hundreds of FREE amp sims, effects, etc that are VST only they want a DAW that supports VST and not such a proprietary one as PT. Avid finally allowed the use of 3rd party hardware - VST should be next I feel (or as a Mac user - AU too).
I am a member of another forum with my guitar school and even one of the teachers who works as an audio engineer their doesn't use PT. Of all the guys there I am the only one who actively uses PT, a couple of the guys have produced commercial albums, without touching PT. For everyone else it's Reaper or Cubase and FREE amp sims (VST).

But don't expect any VST support directly from Avid - with PT11 Avid are going to AAX and will no longer support RTAS, so some of my Plug-ins will no longer work. So I won't be making the jump to PT11 ever. After the release of PT11, I will hopefully buy a used license of PT10 and finally make that jump, I'm still stuck with PT8LE, the current upgrade price of $400 is a bit too much for me. If you really need VST support use can buy a VST wrapper for $99 USD from FXpansion.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
I am a member of another forum with my guitar school and even one of the teachers who works as an audio engineer their doesn't use PT. Of all the guys there I am the only one who actively uses PT, a couple of the guys have produced commercial albums, without touching PT. For everyone else it's Reaper or Cubase and FREE amp sims (VST).

But don't expect any VST support directly from Avid - with PT11 Avid are going to AAX and will no longer support RTAS, so some of my Plug-ins will no longer work. So I won't be making the jump to PT11 ever. After the release of PT11, I will hopefully buy a used license of PT10 and finally make that jump, I'm still stuck with PT8LE, the current upgrade price of $400 is a bit too much for me. If you really need VST support use can buy a VST wrapper for $99 USD from FXpansion.
Buy a 99$ product that doesn't work properly and hasn't been updated in forever? No thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc3084 View Post
Buy a 99$ product that doesn't work properly and hasn't been updated in forever? No thanks
I never said it was good or works with everything - I expect someone who is buying that product would look into whether the software they want to use will work with it.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP