Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 AM

Default Re: No new Avid guitar products ar NAMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
I agree to this as well. But.....
But I sure could use a STAND ALONE EDITOR. That shouldn't be to much to ask for after all this time IMO.
Learn to use the front panel and use the free Eleven Hack program - there isn't a snow ball's chance in hell of us ever getting a standalone editor at this point. It would be good if Avid provided documentation of the product so a "user" like "bzer" could produce a program with more features but alas that won't happen either. And there is also another user who has produced a program but not sure what it does.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 AM

Its dual amps/cabs with near/distant/far miking options I'm missing.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybite View Post
Its dual amps/cabs with near/distant/far miking options I'm missing.
The dual amps/cabs feature is available _now_ for a street price of about $350. Just buy another 11R. The used prices have sunk to new lows. Maybe lower after this weekend.

I'm not holding out for a late announcement on Sat. It ain't gonna happen.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM

Me either! This is typical behavior from Avid regarding the 11R!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer27 View Post
Me either! This is typical behavior from Avid regarding the 11R!
This 'typical behavior' doesn't really fly todays market where modelers are getting consistent free updates. We're not asking for a slew of new features here. Just fix the stupid bugs that have been known for well over a year now (MIDI CC menu, Bogner Bright switch, DYN3 comp, etc), tighten up the nuts and bolts (fix the OSX driver so we don't have to reboot any time we want to use it over USB, speed up the switching, separate the Amp and Cab), and throw in a goodie for all of us who've been waiting ever so patiently since March two years ago (IR loader? Standalone Editor?).

This shouldn't be very hard, and I would fair to say that some of the work has already been done somewhere. Remember that Chris said IR loading was pretty much done at the time of ERXP's release...why hold out one of the most requested features?
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Because according to one of our sources at the NAMM show he's been told by Avid reps that their resources are constantly being pulled elsewhere since they are so low on staff. He was also told they will indeed do more for 11R! Same old story Avid, and this has been going on in excess of 1 1/2 years, we're getting tired of it! Then how about this Avid? Why don't you release the freaken source code to the community, and we'll take care of these things ourselves! You continue to do nothing for the 11R so how about it?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 AM

While talking about bang for the buck and nothing else out there still really holding up to the 11r, I have a question. I have owned my 11r for a couple of years now and love it but I have not tried any of Line 6's new stuff. Have any of you guys tried something like a HD500? How does it compare? They sure do a lot of updates that is for sure and their line has a future. I used to have a Line 6 modeling amp and never liked it so just wondering where there stuff is at now.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer27 View Post
...Then how about this Avid? Why don't you release the freaken source code to the community, and we'll take care of these things ourselves! You continue to do nothing for the 11R so how about it?
I've said the same thing myself, but we all know that's not going to happen - Avid's all about proprietari-ness and restrictive licensing (requiring iLok, and/or hardware<->software tie-ins).

I think the 11R is done, but they'll probably milk it as long as they can (or maybe sell through existing supplies before "officially" discontinuing it). If they discontinue while there's still inventory in the retail channel, the demand will plummet and so will prices.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM

+1

Avid, and you wonder why you're in the dire predicament you're in? Plain and simple, because you can't keep screwing your customers!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM

Now that Chris T is a free agent, Avid should just let Full Code Audio take care of 11r's firmware. I would love to support Chris's new endeavors, and I truly believe he would be stoked at the prospect of him completing the vision he had with the unit.