Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:44 PM

Default \"Bounce handler cannot keep up\" PT-LE 6.4

I have been able to bounce to disk with no problems untill a couple days ago when I got the above error message. Here is the entire message:

Bounce Handler cannot keep up. Try
"Convert after bounce" (-9133)

I am doing 'convert during bounce' because of another problem that started a little earlier than this latest problem. I used to do 'convert after bounce' but now when I do, at the end of the bounce when it is starting to convert, I get another error message which is:

"Could not complete 'Bounce to Disk...'
command because: Access violation occured."

So even though I used to be able to bounce all I wanted to either converting before or after, now I can't do either.

This is running on a WinXP Home SP1 and I use a Digi001 box. I only have one drive, with a system/application partition, and a separate data partition where the session and bounced files reside. I've tried bouncing to either partition with the same results. Again I've had no problems for a long time untill just recently so I know the PC hardware and config are OK.

What can I do to fix either of these problems?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: \"Bounce handler cannot keep up\" PT-LE 6.4

Hi,

I had this same problem once and fixed it by just reseating the pci card. Hopefully that will work for you also. Good luck.

Tom
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 AM

I had the "Could not complete 'Bounce to Disk...'
error a couple times a few sessions back..in this instance I cured it by NOT having a fade on my master track. It would convert up to the last second then I'd get the error. I finally just did the bounce with no fade and then did the fade on the stereo mix. A strange one, and it only happened on a couple tracks. I don't know if this applies to your situation..it may be of some help. I haven't done any mixes realtime converting

bb

MAC G5 PPC OSX 10.4.9 / PT 7.3 HD2 - I/O 192 /Control 24

DELL Dual Core, MBOX/003R PT 8 WIN XP
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbassett View Post
I had the "Could not complete 'Bounce to Disk...'
error a couple times a few sessions back..in this instance I cured it by NOT having a fade on my master track. It would convert up to the last second then I'd get the error. I finally just did the bounce with no fade and then did the fade on the stereo mix. A strange one, and it only happened on a couple tracks. I don't know if this applies to your situation..it may be of some help. I haven't done any mixes realtime converting

bb
I recently upgraded my software from LE 5.3.1 to LE6.4
I have the exact same problem as Jim K.
I have been able to succed some times by resetting and/or closing and reopening the session, however this seems not to be normal as I never had this problem before with earlier versions of ProTools (5.3.1)
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM

If it worked before, you got lucky. Digi recommends (or is that insists?) a separate, dedicated drive for audio. A partitioned drive isn't the same as a dedicated drive. It's asking way too much for one drive to run Windows AND ProTools AND do a bounce. The more operations you put in your mix the less likely it is to work. A second dedicated drive is a must if you want it to be reliable. From the compatibility page:
  • Recording to boot drive not recommended or supported
  • For 24-32 tracks, drives must be dedicated for audio (internal or external)
More in-depth reading here:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23140