Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 09:47 AM

Default 002 LED flicker and channels not working

Hello all,

I'm a virgin poster!

A while back, the LED's for channels 5 and 6 on my 002 started flickering and just recently those channels stopped working completely (no signal recieved from the line level input). The unit is a few years past warranty and there are no ARC's locally so I'd have to ship it off to be fixed. I don't want to crack the unit open unless I know what to look for. Has anyone experienced this problem and been able to fix it themselves? Would it possibly just be a poor connection somewhere that I could repair?

Much thanks in advance,

Greg Lawrence
On Purpose Productions
Old 05-18-2006, 07:44 AM

Default Re: 002 LED flicker and channels not working

Nothing? Has anyone even experienced this before? Any suggestions?

Greg
Old 05-18-2006, 08:01 AM

It could be the power harness.
Pro Tools Carbon
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 AM

Hey Dave, thanks

I checked out some other forums regarding the power harness, none seemed to show the same symptoms - like only two of the 8 channels not working, however one did mention 'clicking'. My main system is a HD3 Excel running on a dual 2.0 G5 and I've been using the 002 as a standalone with that system. I generally only need it for mono or stereo recording but I recently wanted to run all 8 mono tracks directly to the 192 I/O to track drums, so I hooked it up with optical. I kept getting popping and clicking which I was quite sure was a result of not being synced properly - although I thought I had everything set up right. I still haven't resolved that issue as I haven't had time to think about it. The thing is, I only get the pops and clicks when using the optical connection - when using analogue (which is most of the time), there's no problem. Given that, would that issue still possibly be a symptom of a bad power harness? Maybe I ought to bite the bullet and give Digi a call - someone said on another forum that digi will replace bad harnesses even on units out of warranty. I'm probably about a year and a half past warranty.

Thanks again for your thoughts,

Greg Lawrence
On Purpose Productions
Newmarket, ON, Can.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:14 AM

Yes, I would contact Digi and tell them exactly what's going on with the 002. I've heard that getting through to customer service on the phone is difficult, but it might be worth a try.
Good luck.
Pro Tools Carbon