Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-29-2003, 12:05 PM

Default Re: ACCEL and Auto delay compensation?

ADC= two Mix++ rigs that I Promise to upgrade. Workflow will speed up so maybe the $$$ needed to upgrade won't ding the kids college fund too bad.

ADC !!!!!

Old 12-29-2003, 05:10 PM

"ADC will never happen in PT for a LONG time (if ever). I use Logic as well and even that does not have total or proper ADC.
I really think that there are more important issues right now.
1) A useable and stable Sampler for PT.
2) The speed, smooth and stability that OS 9 had.
3) Getting Logic and other sequencers to work with PT in OS X. 3) Getting PT to work properly with Panther (full track counts)
4) A plug-in convertor so I can use my OLD plug-ins that are no longer supported in PT 6 like Lexiverb etc. "

Sheeesh!

Midi dweebs that dont record multi mic drum kit sessions arent interested in ADC, we know that already - SO BUTT OUT!

Go knock up a tune in reason or something and leave the real audio engineers here in peace!

www.gearslutz.com
Old 12-29-2003, 05:39 PM

As much as I would like to see ADC, if it is proving to be too difficult or complicated, how about...

The time adjuster plug-in along with it's phase button & gain control should be built into every channel. On audio tracks it could allow for negitive time adjustment and auto-compensate for reported plug-in delay. Simple.

This would solve 80% of the headaches and would be fairly simple to impliment. This would leave the chore of auxes and send compensation to us, but at least the tools would be there.

sm
Old 12-29-2003, 06:39 PM

Quote:
As much as I would like to see ADC, if it is proving to be too difficult or complicated, how about...

The time adjuster plug-in along with it's phase button & gain control should be built into every channel. On audio tracks it could allow for negitive time adjustment and auto-compensate for reported plug-in delay. Simple.

This would solve 80% of the headaches and would be fairly simple to impliment. This would leave the chore of auxes and send compensation to us, but at least the tools would be there.

sm
Yes
HD 2 Accel
PT 7.1cs9
192 I/O
Old 12-31-2003, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Whoa... Danny?

Coming so long after the rant... that feels like a tease. Are you teasing us or are you just trying to stir up the bottle flies? Whateverdude. When you guys can do it, I'll see if I can afford it. I hope it is not that $70k thing people have been talking about. On second thought... if it could do all the things I've been dreaming about, it might just be worth it.

OK, I guess that tease was a little unfair, I apologize!

As some of you in this and other threads have realized, ADC is a very complicated thing to do in a TDM mixing environment. Many different types of mixing and recording scenarios have to be addressed.

We certainly wouldn't want to promise a date, only to find out we can't ship it on time, but I assure you, it is being worked on.

Danny Caccavo
Product Manager
Digidesign

Old 12-31-2003, 03:47 PM

[/QUOTE]

OK, I guess that tease was a little unfair, I apologize!

As some of you in this and other threads have realized, ADC is a very complicated thing to do in a TDM mixing environment. Many different types of mixing and recording scenarios have to be addressed.

We certainly wouldn't want to promise a date, only to find out we can't ship it on time, but I assure you, it is being worked on.

Danny Caccavo
Product Manager
Digidesign

[/QUOTE]

Wow!!!!!

Hallelujah...this is a miraculous event!!! Almost like the parting of the Red Sea!!!!!(Just Kidding Danny).

Happy New Year to you and all of the people at Digi.

Its great to hear that you guys are working on it.

It gives us, the ADC starved Digi users something to look forward to.

Again all the best.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:19 AM

Cool. I think. I'll try not to get my hopes up since you guys have been "working" on this for a LONG time now. However, your assurance that it is being worked on feels like something exciting is in the wind.

We are all still here. Waiting and hoping.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 AM

Hi,
I can imagine it......whooooooshy..zzap....2006-01-01....
Pro Tools X - the megagigaterra octophonic pizzazz doohickey ALL-IN-ONE. ADC, DTS, MULTIBURP and everything, everything.
Min requirements : Bio-CPU and 3D rodopsin 8TB RAM, min, under Win XXXXXextraX and MacOS ©?
App size: 100 GB (inc. ALL libraries and subroutines + demo session)

Not one single person in DigiX knows everything about the whole app.
Various design departments are faintly aware of the existance of OTHER depts. Customer Service is a call centre in Dijibouti
Accounting has just siphoned 10billion USD to an offshore bank.
DigiX's www site depicts smiling young men and women in white shirts and blue ties and scarves. Smiling, cheerful, hopeful, neat and tidy.
DigiX's corporate promise : Extract More Value from Installed Client Base.

The opensource PT killer is being developed by underground resistance movement, viciously hunted down and terminated by cybertrackers and agents.

BUT..................

WE HAVE ADC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake Up and Smell The Glove
Old 01-26-2004, 12:51 AM

...from another thread, January 20, 2000 (4 years ago!!!) by DigiCS:

"Yep, we hear you. Automatic delay compensation is a much requested feature that is on the list for implemintation in a future ProTools release. The current release date is not available at this time. Thanks for your input and interest.

Bob

[This message has been edited by DigiCS (edited January 20, 2000).] "

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...true#Post83320

....this is a part of history....
Old 01-26-2004, 05:59 PM

Quote:
"ADC will never happen in PT for a LONG time (if ever). I use Logic as well and even that does not have total or proper ADC.
I really think that there are more important issues right now.
1) A useable and stable Sampler for PT.
2) The speed, smooth and stability that OS 9 had.
3) Getting Logic and other sequencers to work with PT in OS X. 3) Getting PT to work properly with Panther (full track counts)
4) A plug-in convertor so I can use my OLD plug-ins that are no longer supported in PT 6 like Lexiverb etc. "

Sheeesh!

Midi dweebs that dont record multi mic drum kit sessions arent interested in ADC, we know that already - SO BUTT OUT!

Go knock up a tune in reason or something and leave the real audio engineers here in peace!

Did it ever occur to you that some people might be creative enough to record multi mic'd drums (for real records on real lables) and use soft samplers and midi in the same song, at the same time. Or is that too much for your brilliantly talented mind to comprehend. Or does it just bother you that someone else's P TOOLS problem might get solved as well as your own. It's old fashioned, not to mention arrogant, farts like you that keep things from getting better for everyone. - SO THANKS !