Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2015, 01:04 PM

Default Please Help (NOVICE) Anyone Know if PC Drummer is Compatible with Pro Tools 8 LE?

Hello....new to forum and recording...

I will be purchasing the Mbox2 and Pro Tools 8 within the next few days. I am a complete novice at recording. I will have vocals, guitar and bass covered but no live drums. I've been checking online and found PC Drummer, which sounds great! It's also affordable for my modest budget.

Does anyone here have experience using PC Drummer with Pro Tools? I tried to find info online, I even contacted PC Drummer about Pro Tools compatibility but was told compatibility with Pro Tools was uncertain although theoretically it should work because PC Drummer is compatible with Midi...http://www.pcdrummer.com/

I really like the program but if there is something else our there where I can create my own beats, loops and has a wide range of percussion comprised from REAL percussion samples....please let me know what I may want to check out. It is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Please Help (NOVICE) Anyone Know if PC Drummer is Compatible with Pro Tools 8 LE?

It says nothing about being RTAS compatible which is the format plugins for PT LE 8 will need to be.

All I can see is that you can EXPORT MIDI or .wav files (audio) and then import that into Pro Tools. If you like that workflow, then I guess go for it, but it's not ideal IMHO.

You would be better off with something like BFD Eco or EZdrummer, or Addictive Drums, or BFD2 or BFD3, or Superior Drummer 2, or Steven Slate Drums, or AIR Strike. What ever you choose make sure it's RTAS compatible if you want to use it directly within Pro Tools LE 8.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Please Help (NOVICE) Anyone Know if PC Drummer is Compatible with Pro Tools 8 LE?

Thanks a million!! The info helps a ton!