Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 07:05 PM

Default iDrums

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I have the 002 Rack which I use with mainly acoustic instruments. I just bought a program called iDrums, a simple library and software drum machine. Is anyone familiar with this program? It seems to work okay, but more often than not I get that rotating color wheel that freezes PT and I have to force quit. Anyone know what could be causing this? Could I have installed it incorrectly?

Also, I'm not a real MIDI guy, as I'm sure you can guess, always spend more time trying to figure it out and not enough time making music, so I only use it when I absolutely have to, ie drums. So if anyone's familiar with iDrum, I'd also appreciate any tips on using it. The manual assumes a good working knowledge of these kinds of programs, and I'm clueless. When I tried to export my pattern to audio, for example, it exported the entire thing, including muted tracks, etc. I was wondering if there were a way to export each drum track on the iDrum plug-ing to a separate track in PT, the way one would do with regular drums.

Anyway, any help would surre be appreciated!

Frank
Old 02-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: iDrums

I have to assume there are some problems with iDrums that need sorting out. I cannot move the scroll bar on the interface to see the lower tracks. It does not move at all. I am sending e mails back and forth with them trying to get to the bottom of it. Sucks that the review in Recording mag was so strong for it, yet it is not without problems for me, or you too I suppose.

I have had two kernel panics with it when I tried loading stuff from the iPak XR6, and all this as standalone. I have not even tried using it within Pro Tools LE7
Old 02-19-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: iDrums

Sorry to hear about your problems as well. Yes, I read that positive review, and though an engineer/producer recently cautioned me about reviews in magazines that are basically paid to sponsor the products they review, I went ahead anyway since it was so cheap and I needed something simple. I'm also bummed that the manual really tells you nothing. For example, the "drag MIDI' thing doesn't seem to work, yet there is nothing in the manual that tells you how to get the tracks into your DAW. And I'm using it as a plug-in, so you'd thnk that would be easier to figure out. I haven't even tried it as a stand-alone. Good luck and please pass along any tips or info as I will do the same--