Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM

Default DigiRewire Plug-in not allowing Pro Tools 8 to open

I recently upgraded to Pro Tools 8 HD with OS 10.5.5 (from Digidesign linked combo update)

I couldn't get Pro tools to open. I uninstalled it, re-installed and it opened once. I tried to run Reason and was told that Pro Tools couldn't find the reason folder and it said something about checking rewire.

The next time I opened Pro tools it wouldn't launch again, and I was able to see that it was stopping and hanging up on the digirewire plug-in as it loaded, then it would give me the "Pro Tools Application has Unexpectedly quit" window.

I took the digi rewire plug-in out of the plug-in folder and put it into the unused plug-ins folder. Pro Tools opened right up, however this leaves me no way to run Reason.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there another Rewire plug-in I can stick in there? Is this rewire 2 that is being used in ProTools 8?

Thanks,

(Im running a 2 x 3 ghz Dual core Intel Mac Pro, Os 10.5.5, Reason 4.01, Stylus RMX, Reaktor 5... everything seems up to date including PACE stuff for ilok)
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 AM

Default Re: DigiRewire Plug-in not allowing Pro Tools 8 to open

Odd, isn't it? That's been the case on my home system for the past three PT upgrades. I have to remove the rewire plugin, otherwise it crashes opening PT at that exact spot.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:48 AM

same here, after upgrading to 8.0 PT "quits unexpected" at startup. as drdolla80 told, only moving the rewire plug out of the plugs folder prevents from crashing...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 01-15-2009, 04:27 AM

Same problem here ...
Seems that alot of other people have this issue too.
Would be nice if Digi made a statement about this.
(Sorry if they did that, but then i haven't seen / found it)
Not very elegant to have to drop the digi rewire plugin out for Protools to work.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:34 AM

You need to update Reason, Melodyne, and/or both. It's a known issue with ReWire. If you don't use rewire, just dump the digi rewire plug.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Would be nice if Digi made a statement about this.
We have - please do a search for 'DigiRewire' here on the DUC, as this problem has been addressed many times. Dmazurek has the brief answer to your question - update you ReWire compatible plug-ins or applications.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM

Thank you folks for your help,

I found that just uninstalling Melodyne uno Essential, which was the outdated version for use with Pro Tools 7 allowed digirewire to do its job.

To uninstall Melodyne I used the app delete program found here:
reggie.ashworth.googlepages.com/appdelete

I can now run Reason, even though I get strange messages from Reason telling me to check the Rewire Host.

I must say that the performance seems a bit sluggish so far though. What worked without hiccup on 7.4 is now too much for the CPU to handle. Time to search the threads for answers to this problem
Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 AM

the solution (at least) on my config was not only to update all rewire apps, in addition I had to remove rewire extensions from apps, which aren´t still in use anymore

I have the newest version of melodyne studio installed, but 2 years ago or so I installed melodyne essential, which I removed from disk as I bought melodyne studio. But the rewire extension had still remained on disk and this was the problem.

the same with Logic Studio, which also crashed on startup.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ