Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM

Default Control Switches ?

Are there hardwares that can be used as a control switch or command?

I'll try and explain what I mean the best way I can.

In a home recording session, you may not have the luxury to have some-one press and play constantly for each take unless you're paying someone or have a partner there who is most likely going to feature on the song (hiphop / r'n'b artist i'm sure know what i'm saying there).

With that said... I'm usually a one man opperation when recording myself, and since I'll be building an enclosure to give recieve a better sound for my vocals, it would be not only annoying but an infuriating inconvenience as to go ahead and do a take, to rush into the booth and then rush out when a take has to be redone, ect.

So are there control modules that are compatible with mac / PT 10 and its hardwares that would allow me to remain in possition and press and play from a distance rather than be at the machine?

Any advice or direction as to where i could find such tech to do so?