Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Waves Tech Support kudos

To All:

To help facilitate my upcoming OS upgrade from Jaguar to Panther, I decided to move my Waves Gold Bundle authorization from Challenge/Response to iLok. My WUP (Waves Upgrade Program) had expired last month and after asking, Waves graciously extended it to cover this change. My thanks to them. In the course of the change, I was assisted by Idan of Waves (Israel). We ran into an authorization problem that required over an hour to troubleshoot. Idan made a total of three call (on his dime) to talk me through the problem and get me up and running again. (Fortunately we had no clients this morning) Throughout this entire procedure, Idan was most cordial, patient and humorous. He worked twenty minutes past the end of his shift to make sure I was satisfied.

Kudos to Idan and his manager for their assistance to this long-time Waves customer.

Cheers,
Chris
--
[email protected]
http://www.rippleFX.com
(317) 255-7618
Control 24 - 96io - 1622
OSX 10.6.8 - PTHD 10.3.10
Old 03-15-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Waves Tech Support kudos

Its always good to hear something nice about them now and again so that my faith in good customer support from these plugin companies isn't shattered.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:39 PM

I had the same positive experience with Waves when upgrading to Phanter/6.2.3/Waves Diamond. After sending an email to tech support, telling them I had some trouble with authorisation, I got a phonecall from a very nice guy at Waves asking if he could be of assistance.

I marked the date in my calendar; it was the first time ever a company's tech-support actually called me to assure my problem was being solved.

They also managed to sort out the time zones, and rang me up during my work hours. Kudos!

Stein Tore
Old 03-15-2004, 03:48 PM

I think like most things in life, it depends on the luck of the draw.

I initially had a problem installing my Diamond Bundle, and I had an awful time with a Waves tech support person who will go unnamed. It was a truly dreadful experience. Not only did he not get back to me like he promised, but when I finally tracked him down, his answer involved me shipping back all my upgrade materials back to my dealer for a complete exchange. I was furious at this person's inability to find a quicker solution to my difficulties, and his insistence that I jump through needless, time-consuming hoops. I can feel that just thinking about the situation once again is making my blood pressure rise.

At any rate, I contacted my salesperson, and he put me in touch with another Waves support person who solved my authorization problem almost immediately (and she was on the road, not at Waves). It turns out that the initial tech support person simply did not understand the upgrade process sequence.

So, I think the conclusion is that Waves has some excellent support people, and some truly clueless, idiotic bad apples who will frustrate the heck out of you. If at first you have difficulty, it probably makes sense to insist on speaking to a different person.

Lee Blaske