Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-26-2014, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Avid staff - have some courtesy and advise if pt10 will be supported under os 10.

After being a faithful user of Pro Tools since version 3.2 in 1996, my relation with this company has definitely come to an end. I'm in the process of finishing a project and then I'll be moving on.

I really hated Logic back in the days and always found PT more superior and reliable. But I have actually come to like and even enjoy LPX after really looking into it. It has certainly changed towards the better and is indeed very professional. It is still different, but in terms of composition, which is what I do most of the time, I find it far more fluid and more inspiring and even fun. Yes it has it's issues, which I remember were all worse in the past. But I'm sure they can be dealt with: It may very well be my personal workflow, that needs a bit of reprogramming. But all in all I think I may be gaining more than I loose. And to a fraction of the price. (and you don't get Structure Free and D-Verb..... I mean common.....!!!!! ;)

I will keep a partition with PT10.3.7 and 10.9 (it is still working and will hopefully still be working on my next computer) in case I need to go back. But sometimes you just have to move on. (you can't rely on software the same way as on a tape recorder! ;)
Keeping us in silence is so arrogant and frustrating but at the same time it really makes my decision to switch DAW, a lot easier!

The arrogance of this company is disgusting and disturbing in any way!
And they really deserve the financial situation they ended up in. There is a reason for everything! You don't treat your customers with such arrogance and ignorance!
It is not just this situation that caused my breakup. It's the culmination of issues, with this being the drop that made the water flow out of the bucket!

And Bill Denton: Yes, Apple changes the OS as so does Microsoft from time to time! The changes in 10.9 is minor, and should be easy to adjust to. But that's not the point! Changes are something every developer has to deal with, but that's not the point either! The point is that Avid could choose to say: "We won't support Pro Tools 10 in Mavericks - ever!", for whatever reason they might have not to do that. But they choose to say nothing! That's the real problem and that's the ONLY problem! And that displays a tremendous arrogance towards their customers!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Avid staff - have some courtesy and advise if pt10 will be supported under os 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
It's not an issue of courtesy, it's an issue of profit. Why would they spend money to support a version of PT you already own and paid for when you can be pushed into upgrading at a cost?
NO.

I have asked for Avid to simply *STATE* if 10 will be supported under Mavericks or not. That is all. Only to have the basic courtesy of saying whether it will happen or not, so that we can all move on either way.

Again, forum members - please don't turn this into yet another discussion thread - I'm requesting Avid to finally TELL us what's happening. The discussion thread is here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=347549&page=10

Please use THAT for further discussion. I'm asking Avid to post a simple message of courtesy here. SO far they have not, which basically makes them look bad (again) because this is not too much to ask. One sentence, Avid. Once sentence.

Still waiting.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj7 View Post
NO.

I have asked for Avid to simply *STATE* if 10 will be supported under Mavericks or not. That is all. Only to have the basic courtesy of saying whether it will happen or not, so that we can all move on either way.

So it's obvious you know the answer, your an adult.

So what it appears to be a stake here is you want avid to bow to your request?

Good luck with that !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 AM

Avid has NOT answered. Just because they've taken forever doesn't mean they've decided not to do it.

If you don't believe me, look how long people waited for an Eleven Rack standalone editor.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj7 View Post
NO.

Again, forum members - please don't turn this into yet another discussion thread - I'm requesting Avid to finally TELL us what's happening. The discussion thread is here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=347549&page=10

Please use THAT for further discussion. I'm asking Avid to post a simple message of courtesy here. SO far they have not, which basically makes them look bad (again) because this is not too much to ask. One sentence, Avid. Once sentence.

Still waiting.
No one is confused about your request -- the disconnect is that you're expecting an official response and many of us realize that it'll never arrive. This isn't a conversation between two friends, you're a customer of a large corporation which simply isn't going to custom tailor a response to your question for the reasons I've already given. I'm sorry to say it but that's how it goes with Avid.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 AM

I seriously don't get what's the problem with you guys consequently defending Avid's immorality? Can't you see it yourselves?
I mean - listen to this: "This isn't a conversation between two friends, you're a customer of a large corporation which simply isn't going to custom tailor a response to your question for the reasons I've already given."
No, I don't think they will ever respond either, for the very same reason and that's the very problem, so why defend them? I'm not gonna keep quiet because you defend them. That's not the way it works.
The OP and others who feel ignored; making our voices heard and speak up against this ignorance is the least we can do!
Simple morality shouldn't be defied by the size of somebody's ego and arrogance! But yes, I'm absolutely aware the minutes I spend writing these lines may seem a total waste of time, so please don't lecture me on this! I'm speaking up because it obviously has to be said. In other words - I just can't keep quiet!

So, sorry tj7 for keeping this thread alive, but I just feel offended by such stupidity - on your behalf too, as I have and had the same very simple question for quiet a while, but as stated earlier I'm working towards an alternative solution!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:37 AM

It's not defending anyone - it's a simple understanding of the way things work.

If I say Mr Obama I wanna know why my insurance plan went up.....and I demand an answer!!! It's a simple answer and I will wait for it......

Mr. president I'm still waiting !!!!!

It's so arrogant that you treat people like this........

I'm waiting......
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 AM

Obviously the semantics have reached quite a significant drop!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike496 View Post
I wonder if it's the guys running all the cracked plugins that have an issue with this.
Really?

Maybe it's the guy running the dual 10/11 setup that would like the Mavericks bells and whistles but doesn't want to "break the rules" and upgrade even though throughout the forum people claim success with it even though the uninstaller is broken.

I use Slate on all of my mixes - it's a hassle that Slate hasn't updated all their plugins yet, but Slate didn't ask Avid to create yet ANOTHER proprietary plugin format when it would have made more sense to support VST for all and use their proprietary plugin format on their own proprietary hardware.

Just my opinion, but hey - it's probably just something to do with cracked plugins ...

Really?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
Really?

Maybe it's the guy running the dual 10/11 setup that would like the Mavericks bells and whistles but doesn't want to "break the rules" and upgrade even though throughout the forum people claim success with it even though the uninstaller is broken.

I use Slate on all of my mixes - it's a hassle that Slate hasn't updated all their plugins yet, but Slate didn't ask Avid to create yet ANOTHER proprietary plugin format when it would have made more sense to support VST for all and use their proprietary plugin format on their own proprietary hardware.

Just my opinion, but hey - it's probably just something to do with cracked plugins ...

Really?

Probably.
Stay on 10 until Slate releases the plugins you want in 11. Are you using a MAC or and Hackintosh? Use Bluecat if you need vst access in Protools. AAX was developed for 64 bit coding for both Native and DSP Protools platforms. RTAS may have survived but not TDM, RTAS was so old it was time for an updated coding format. Protools Expert and other user report many issues with Mavericks.