Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 04-30-2021, 11:27 PM

Default Eleven Rack Editor/Windows Update broke my laptop

So I was trying to set up the Eleven Rack editor on my other laptop today, and before having to do this my computer said it needed an update, which Im surprised it didnt just auto-update when it needed to. When I got to the "restart device" part of the download, the computer updated on the restart. Upon restart my computer went to a recovery screen that said it couldnt start up properly, and it gave me a few options. I pressed restart about 3 times, no good. I shut it down, waited, still no good. I tried to remove the most recent update and it "ran into a problem" three times in a row. I even went to do an entire re-install (while keeping my files) and it wouldnt let me do that either. Literally nothing is working right now. I havent attempted to try and entire computer wipe because there is a lot of stuff I dont want to have to remember and then reinstall, especially considering I cant even open the computer properly to see what Id be losing, but thats only if that option even works.

Any help would be appreciated, as I use this laptop outside of music recording.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Editor/Windows Update broke my laptop

Can you get in to do a System Restore?

If not, you can plug in a USB drive with the Windows 10 ISO and try an automatic repair.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio